Warsop pump parts

Just in case someone on here has an old water pump.

Does anyone have or know anyone who has any technical literature relating to WARSOP pumps? 
The company went out of business during the 1990s. 
We have a working programme with the Engineering Department of a local College, who are servicing/repairing one of the P. Way Depts. portable Briggs & Stratton petrol pumps - this one has a smashed impeller. 
The NYMR bought the pump new back in the 1980s. 
They have drawn a blank, as have we through our own and steam rally type sources.
Even any knowledge of old pumps or spares would be useful.
The College say that otherwise, they are going to have to be very creative, which I suppose, on reflection, is a good teaching point anyway!

Blimey , a good pump in there day , we ran both Villiers and Briggs Versions before Warsop developed their submersible range. Made in Edenbridge not far from us , and I recall having a good service / spares dept there.

downfault I recall dreaded need to prime them and groundworkers loosing the priming screw bung on top of the impeller housing.

There might be one in the depths of my yard if I remember right, I'll PM you if I find it.

Thanks for that John.

We have just been given another pump that will need a bit of work as well.

A Spate 3B Induced Flow.made by WR Selwood of Chandlers Ford in Hampshire.

No idea as to engine manufacture but is a single cyl diesel.

Will post a photo later.

Hi Bryan,

The engine looks like a Petter, used to have these on a lot of army equipment, think its the AA1 model.

On the head you should find a plug attached to a chain, for a cold start, pull  it out and squirt a bit of engine oil down the hole then replace the plug.. You will find it starts a bit easier, also there should be a de-compressor lever on the top of the head.

Richard

• 2 years later...