jeep queries

talltom

Its missing clamps on the bonnet to secure the window when laid flat.

It has free wheel hubs, not Ww2 but good to have.

The back cushion on the rear bench is missing.

No windschield wipers.

It looks like there is a plate under the pedals?

On the windshield I see some plate fastened, looks like ther was a hole cut and covered over.

The hinges to open the inner windshielsd are missing.

So, some items missing but I don't see any major issues.

It is always difficult to form an accurate impression form photos but Enignma has given you a pretty fair appraisal from what can be seen it would be useful to see an engine bay shot the frame number would be useful as well.  It's  interesting to see that there are Canadian contract lashing rings fitted front and rear it if they are original fittings it would be very desirable particualy as it's a Ford the bulk of Canadian contract jeeps were MB's. 

Is there a a bit of the lower dash missing near the glove box?

is the spare also a combat rim

there also appears to be a plate bolted on the floor below the pedals

no release buttons on the rear locker lids

no gators on the gear leavers

is there a hole above the gear leavers?

under hood pictures would be good and under body pictures

all depends on how much also.

1 hour ago, earlymb said:

I think the hood is M201 (it sticks out a bit over the grille) and the bodytub might be a reproduction, given the lack of fasteners for the half-doors.

Agreed there is something unusual with the body as you note no door studs and also no evidence for location holes on the scuttle for the door strap rings that are missing also no trailer socket on the rear panel either  (correct for an early Ford body but I would expect to see it scripted and without the factory welded rear panel gussets on the inside face the after issue kits were bolted)  it could have been skinned of course.  It's an odd one because if it was a repro body why hack a chunk out of the drivers foot well ? .

The angle of the screen doesn't look right either it appear in the photos to sit too far back, common problem and not a deal beaker ,also notice looking again at the photos it has MB front springs again not a serious issue the engine bay will be interesting to see and also the left and right door wells showing the body sides and body brace.

Edited by Pete Ashby

guys went down today to view and wow have you lot got some good eyes turns out there are no pics of the engine because its a bit of a rust bucket. underneath the tub is mostly rotten hence the patch's here are there. really appreciate all your help with this

cheers

tom

13 minutes ago, Chris Hall said:

You’ll be hard pressed to find a Jeep without rust unless it’s been restored in the last 20 odd years. It looks like a good project dependent on price. If it needs new floors but runs I’d expect to pay about £10,000

if it’s £15,000 to £20,000 the seller is having a laugh. 

what you can see was decent but underneath full on rotten which was a shame really and as the price was in the 12-13k mark bit much for my budget

If it was a genuine Canadian contract vehicle it would be an interesting project even so from what can be seen in your photos and what you have subsequently described £8.5 to £10K max would be ball park figures assuming it is running after a fashion and expect to spend £4 to £8K to bring it up to factory spec assuming you do the work yourself.

4 hours ago, Pete Ashby said:

If it was a genuine Canadian contract vehicle it would be an interesting project even so from what can be seen in your photos and what you have subsequently described £8.5 to £10K max would be ball park figures assuming it is running after a fashion and expect to spend £4 to £8K to bring it up to factory spec assuming you do the work yourself.

I agree, Sounds about right. I paid £6000 for my March 42  GPW. It needs a new front and rear floor and I’ve sourced about 90% of the correct VEP parts and I hope next summer to start on the tub. I’ve been waiting on Joes Motor Pool to finalise production of their front floor before I begin (they say they will begin soon). Oh and it was a non runner.