MK3 Covenanter restoration

eddy8men

17 minutes ago, eddy8men said:

yes richard. i've not unboxed it yet but it looks nos. (way too busy with work)

I remember Neil asking me if I recognised what it was from when I was there some years ago and as there were a handful of bridgelayers sent out during the war, I guessed it was a spare. You struck lucky there.!

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 8:43 PM, eddy8men said:

yes richard. i've not unboxed it yet but it looks nos. (way too busy with work)

It is surprising what parts are still out there. I am constantly finding Firefly bits which I assumed would have become unobtainium by now.

Tim

• 4 months later...

Its waiting its turn, although I do keep messing  with it now and then.

I collected the engine from the restorer on Saturday. Unfortunately not because it was finished but because he had changed career paths and can no longer do it.

I will have to find someone else!

• 3 years later...

hi mike

it's been a busy year. i sold all my cents and spares to joe hewes of youtube fame. couple of 43's went to ukraine and i bought 3 humvees for a future project.

i've still got the covenanter, 2 carriers, dingo, marmon herrington armoured car , vickers dutchman project and a buried cromwell (to dig up) but all that is on hold while i focus on the humvees

17 hours ago, eddy8men said:

hi mike

it's been a busy year. i sold all my cents and spares to joe hewes of youtube fame. couple of 43's went to ukraine and i bought 3 humvees for a future project.

i've still got the covenanter, 2 carriers, dingo, marmon herrington armoured car , vickers dutchman project and a buried cromwell (to dig up) but all that is on hold while i focus on the humvees

Rick, I thought I recognised the Mk5 gun test bed on Mr Hewes video..............