Any trolley jack experts ?

CRSCRS

It is 'high-lift'  -  hence only 8 ton SWL ,  not seen one as BIG & heavy as this before & the biggest have been Epco or Joseph Bradbury.  Seems to have a small plate - any markings extant  ?      Have a wire brish , on something substantial like this - you should find the makers ID incorporated along with a original Test Cert. No. & date + a few re-test. Prefix such as LW  / LPHW  being LLoyds   British  ,  WW = Wheway Watson  etc.  - find a test No. & you can always request a check of their register.

11 hours ago, john1950 said:

I think it is short of the pneumatic tyres for easy moving between jobs. They fit in the mountings between the wheels.

Hi John the wheels in the pictures are off it, they have 5-19 tyres on. Just got the bearings out of the hubs now.

9 hours ago, ruxy said:

btw  .  the chassis incline seems to have a series of stops , probably for a ratchet type  'safety-gear' bar - not present.

Hi ruxy you are right about the safety bar and it does have one mounted on the side in brackets. I'll get some more pictures on Sunday,

cheers

Thinking of the largest trolley jack I have ever seen , that was at a local bus dept - however not as BIG as this. I have seen the odd one like this with Aux. pneumatic tyres but does not count because at this size they are normally pneumatic operation and this has a hand pump.  It was just parked never used & covered in dust - it may have been by Weaver (USA)  .  ISTR that Joseph Bradbury in the 1950's for large items were the UK Agent for Weaver  & they badge engineered them.   (examples being a huge single post MV lift and a MV Lifting table known as a 'Balcony Hoist'  - for cars and it was huge in floor area.

Ser. No. 302  ,  seems a large number built ? I would have considered - made to order / small batch.

Seems dated in 1960's  ?  abt. right looking at features.   Aux. plunger pump for rapid saddle raising ,  lowering valve - non-deadmans (not even a torsion spring)  , However I suppose you would lower in stages using the safety gear scotching.

Construction & features  -  IMHO  UK manufacture.   If ever Cam Equipment made a trolley jack - then I would put my £ on looking like this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
4 hours ago, ruxy said:

Just to raise from the dead again, I wonder  -  Majorlift  ?

Better known for pit jacks/beams  -  but are longstanding contractors to the MOD

http://www.majorlift.co.uk/defence/

According to the video on that link, the company have been making lifting equipment since the mid-70's. The trolley jack in question appears to be much older than that ... so the search continues ......