BEDFORD MW FOR SALE

Davey089

I've thought hard and long about this, but due to storage / space problems , I've decided to sell my MW  .Its had a full and thorough ground up rebuild as the restoration blog shows , complete engine rebuild, new valves , guides springs ,chassis , body , brakes , king pins ,clutch ,NOS Dynamo , Distributor ,starter motor rebuild , suspension links , lever arms  etc etc etc, well every conceivable thing that can be rebuilt has been done .As any resto project alot of time , money and effort has been put into getting it right .I have more photos of the resto through its stages if anyone would like to see a particular section , engine , body , cab , brakes , lever arms and links etc .

Thanks to all the people who have helped me over the last 2/3 years with advice and help with sourcing parts its appreciated . I'll also have some bits used and NOS ,when I get around to sorting them out I'll put some pics up of what there is .

I dont know where to start on price so I'm open to offers , I'll give it a few day's before I put it on Milweb and Evil bay .

You can e mail  or message me with any offers/enquiries , the vehicle would have to be collected .

Heres the link to the restoration .

Dave

10561680_764016310328627_1406398804248879950_n.jpg

13177173_1129247730472148_6156601699765005469_n.jpg

12524426_1102678393129082_2857278282216353710_n (1).jpg

1460063_813635882033336_5182689640293249007_n (1).jpg

14494681_1234715639925356_5101762674455665368_n.jpg

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_1690.JPG

Hi, I just missed an MW on Milweb, you probably saw it, it was bought very quickly by a dealer. That one went for £8000.

would you be looking around(a bit above) that price. Or a lot more ?

I definitely have cash waiting, and most importantly my wifes permission to buy another vehicle.

Dave

10 hours ago, john1950 said:

I was on my way to Nottingham to a Volvo ec300 long reach that is behaving like a teenager. Your Bedford will find a new home no problem. You will always have the satisfaction of knowing you saved a wonderfull little vehicle.

8 hours ago, 64EK26 said:

Nice looking vehicle, sad that you have to let it go.

By the way the one on Milweb was very cheap and whoever got that got a bargain

I keep looking through Milweb but missed that one .

10 hours ago, john1950 said:

I was on my way to Nottingham to a Volvo ec300 long reach that is behaving like a teenager. Your Bedford will find a new home no problem. You will always have the satisfaction of knowing you saved a wonderfull little vehicle.

I would have had the cruise set and my costa on the dash cruising along :) ,Yes its unfortunate space is lacking , if someone does buy it at least they are getting a vehicle that's been gone through from ground up :)

3 hours ago, DaveRat said:

Hi Davey089

Further to my previous post, I have been trying to find your email or message address.

as I said I have cash waiting for an MW

Dave

Hi

I’m afraid that won’t buy it , I’ve already been offered quite a bit more for the MW . Thanks for your interest , hope you manage to find one suitable 

cheers

Dave 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, oats and barley said:

why is the price such a secret

Secret ?................... thats a good one ! like I said open to offers .Its very hard putting a price on something that's taken 4 years to do and had a substantial amount of money put into it .

Those in the know appreciate what goes into this type of renovation , the costs of the initial vehicle  the research and parts costs  , so by leaving it open to offers it attracts those serious in purchasing these types of vehicles and weeds out the timewasters . 

I'm not desperate to sell ,I don't need the money, if it doesn't go no problem, .I'll probably buy a wagon container and store it in there till when ever .

44 minutes ago, andy1960 said:

Well said Davey .I have seen it in the flesh and it looks A1...its your truck anyways.

Thanks Andy .I can  never understand why people who have probably no intentions nor interest in the subject feel they need to make comments of that nature .

11 hours ago, Davey089 said:

Secret ?................... thats a good one ! like I said open to offers .Its very hard putting a price on something that's taken 4 years to do and had a substantial amount of money put into it .

Those in the know appreciate what goes into this type of renovation , the costs of the initial vehicle  the research and parts costs  , so by leaving it open to offers it attracts those serious in purchasing these types of vehicles and weeds out the timewasters . 

I'm not desperate to sell ,I don't need the money, if it doesn't go no problem, .I'll probably buy a wagon container and store it in there till when ever .

On the other hand I bought 16 acres of land by sealed tender, when people ask how much I paid for it they always comment that if they had known it was going to sell for that price they would have made an offer themselves.  

Sometimes a guide price or 'offers over' can give buyers some indication as to whether they are interested.

3 hours ago, Wendelspanswick said:

On the other hand I bought 16 acres of land by sealed tender, when people ask how much I paid for it they always comment that if they had known it was going to sell for that price they would have made an offer themselves.  

Sometimes a guide price or 'offers over' can give buyers some indication as to whether they are interested.

Agree, give an indication of price your looking for will stop the speculative low bids. If it’s priced right it will sell if not it won’t a scan through e-bay to see the same vehicles time and time again with a top end price tag that don't go and yes I do know how long it can take to restore a project vehicle and the cost involved. Possibly one of the questions a seller should ask is do I want a profit or do I want my vehicle to go to someone who cares and would look after it for the benefit of all. Ultimately the seller has an obligation under the sales of goods act to be open and transparent in the transaction. 

1 hour ago, Baz48 said:

Agree, give an indication of price your looking for will stop the speculative low bids. If it’s priced right it will sell if not it won’t a scan through e-bay to see the same vehicles time and time again with a top end price tag that don't go and yes I do know how long it can take to restore a project vehicle and the cost involved. Possibly one of the questions a seller should ask is do I want a profit or do I want my vehicle to go to someone who cares and would look after it for the benefit of all. Ultimately the seller has an obligation under the sales of goods act to be open and transparent in the transaction. 

Just a point...Sale of Goods Act does not really apply to private sales of secondhand goods...and so does not oblige the seller to list a price  specifically .He has stated he is open to offers.Also there are many private reasons why someone may not wish to list a price...as stated before... its his vehicle, so its a bit unfair to question his method of sale...If your genuinely interested you talk to the guy...simples!:thumbsup:

Edited by andy1960

Well what can I say , this is opening a can of worms in how to sell something on ! people sell items in different ways and as stated I don’t really know the value so I’m open to offers . People that really want an MW will know what it’s worth and stop the time wasters and wannabes 

The reason for sale is in the initial post , not for profit ! I’m not a dealer looking to take peoples eyes out with an extortionate price , I have my vehicles to use and enjoy . I’m not really bothered if it doesn’t sell , I don’t need the money it’s a space problem , if it means buying a wagon container so be it , I’ ll stick it one of those till when ever . 

Thanks for all the interest anyway 

Dave 

NB Could one of the moderators delete the listing please or lock it out ? 

Thanks

Dave 

Edited by Davey089

3 hours ago, andy1960 said:

Just a point...Sale of Goods Act does not really apply to private sales of secondhand goods...and so does not oblige the seller to list a price  specifically .He has stated he is open to offers.Also there are many private reasons why someone may not wish to list a price...as stated before... its his vehicle, so its a bit unfair to question his method of sale...If your genuinely interested you talk to the guy...simples!:thumbsup:

Sale of goods act 1979 doesn't make the distinction private sale of secondhand goods only goods offered for sale - all the above said the Bedford MW offered for sale looks good and one the seller can rightly be proud of 

3 hours ago, Baz48 said:

Sale of goods act 1979 doesn't make the distinction private sale of secondhand goods only goods offered for sale - all the above said the Bedford MW offered for sale looks good and one the seller can rightly be proud of 

I think we are both a bit right and a bit wrong over this.......

"The Consumer Rights Act has made the conditions surrounding buying from retailers much clearer, but the protection offered by both that and the Sale of Goods Act 1979 is much more limited when it comes to buying second hand from individuals.

The rules about items being of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose no longer apply - instead we're much more reliant on the clause about them being as described.

There's no obligation on the seller to disclose any faults, but misrepresenting goods isn't allowed.

Say we're looking for a second hand car in the classified ads. The seller doesn't have to tell us that it's impossible to select second gear, or that the bonnet doesn't securely shut.

But they can't tell us it's a good little runner when it doesn't start half the time, and they must tell us the truth if we ask them about something we notice - for example why a door is a different colour from the rest of the car." ..... quoted from Choose.co.uk

Hope that clarifies things ...and yes it looks a lovely Bedford !

Edited by andy1960