Generator

guy66

Its an Air Ministry Villiers Battery Charging Unit.  They charged through a seperate Generator Panel allowing adjustment in the charging rate and a number of batteries to be charged at the same time. 

The army versions were the second most common Generator to be found in the army after the Canadian Chorehorse models.

I have Petter and Onan engined version for sale if anyone is interested.

I would notspend too much money restoring it as you can buy complete examples of the Generator and Panel for about £100 each.   You also need the specific lead  for the generator to connect the panel.   I may have a spare Dynamo but your engine looks like it has been modified to do something else.  They normally drive through a fabric coupling.

Thanks for the reply, as I am restoring a Morris wireless lorry and looking to have a battery charging display. 

I already have a chore horse generator that I intend to use on bord of the radio box but a extra generator in use with the switch bord shold be a nice thing next to the wireless Morris and my collection of authentic battery boxes.

Always interested if you have  a complete generator are parts to get my generator working. For sure the remaining engine was used to power something different but the drive copling came with it.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, majorjohn said:

If you're interested, I've got a complete gene, charging board and lead which I don't have a use for.

John

Hello John , I have a switchbord  for my generator but very interested in a lead to link the generator to the switchbord . But interested in a complete set .

Guy

Edited by guy66