MV owners in Bute and Bude

CRSCRS

Hello all, in between working on my Martian I am trying to trace its previous owners/history. 

I have looked up the reg number online (RSJ734) and it has come back as being first registered near Bute in June 1998. Now a friend has also been looking and his enquiry came back as being registered in June 1998 in Bude so maybe there is a clerical error.

Does anyone recognise the registration or know of any other  MV owners in either of these locations that may be able to help ?

Bit of a long shot but you never know,

cheers Chris.

As far as I know Scottish registrations under the old system used to have S as the designated letter. (*SA,*SB etc.)  However, and this is where it gets muddy, DVLA also use S designated registrations as age related plates for vehicles prior to 1964 when the suffixes were introduced.

You might have a situation where *SJ is a registration that was initially allocated to Bute but which is now being used as an age related plate for a vehicle registered in Bude!

Here are a couple of random pictures showing vehicles that have been issued age related Scottish numbers.

Hope this helps

Richard

hotch8.jpg

Daimler-Ferret-Scout-Car-1600x1067.jpg

• Thanks 1

My lorry was registered in 1987 with a JSU number in Maidstone. They used these numbers countrywide. Reason being not so many vehicles were registered in the country areas of Scotland and when the reg numbers were changed to the suffix letter in mid Sixties, there were a lot of unused numbers available to use at a later date when age-related came into being.

• Thanks 1