NEW SHOW AT ABINGDON AIRFIELD

02FD43

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/12/2017 at 7:32 PM, armoured_smiler said:

Hi,

Does anyone know who is running this in 2018, since Military world ltd has been disolved in Aug 2016?

Same person as in 201.6,when he organisted the one at Beltring., I understand that he was "out of circulation" last year. The one he organised at Beltring in 2016 was very enjoyable.

I got my form today...

Might go there Fri,Sat,Sun and then decamp to W&P on Monday

• 1 month later...

Hi

I think that this has been cancelled

got an e-mail from MWSVehicles <vehicles@militaryworldshow.com>

which said

Dear Vehicle Owner,

Thank you for booking into the Military World Show 2018, however Military World have to unfortunately cancel the 2018 show at Abingdon Airfield.

This being an MOD site, is required for MOD purposes and therefore we are unable to make use of the site & our quick search to find another location has not proven fruitful for 2018, therefore the decision has been made to cancel the 2018 show.

We are continuing to locate another suitable site and once we have located a suitable site and identified a suitable location we will advise you accordingly.

Wishing you all the best for the forthcoming show season.

Shame, the one he ran at Beltring 2 years ago was very good

17 hours ago, LarryH57 said:

What a shame; I wonder why RAF Abingdon was chosen if there was a threat of cancellation.

How about Kemble; there were some good shows there once!

The ground rent for Kemble was astronomical, £10,000 for the weekend 10 years ago, I dread to think what it is now.