Tin toy Jeep made in Holland in 1945

Citroman

• 9 months later...

Did find another 1945/46 jeep toy made in Holland. The company named "Victory Toys". I have found them on the web in cast iron, aluminium and brass. Mine is in aluminium wheels and all, you still see vague traces of the star on the bonnet. The underside has still some olive green paint. Hood, sparewheel and jerrycan are missing. Did not find the firm tough. I can imagine it was in the north of our province as there are/where several foundries .

jeep1.JPG

jeep2.JPG

Edited by Citroman

These are mine, all aluminum too. I made the windshield- and topbows myself from a clotheshanger. My father has one in very good condition and also the motorcycle and a few figures from the same manufacturer, all cast in aluminum.

2018-08-26 17.53.55.jpg

Edited by earlymb

Found this on a website about the liberation of Eindhoven:

Victory Toys made of cast iron

Cast iron, army green color with handlebar. Bottom marked Victory Toys Holland Alhaco Ltd. Length 15 cm.

The company NV Alhaco, Technical Trading Company, was established in Maastricht, the iron foundry Fonderie "Millen". Most probably they are Alhaco Ltd Holland. Before the war, the Alhaco watering can was already active.

In any case, the NV "Industrie" in Vaassen, which had an ironworks and was then located in an old copper mill, made some 70,000 jeeps from waste material after the war, selling it for 2 guilders. start up completely again
Leidsch Dagblad 24-10-1950

Yes we are getting somewhere. Fonderie Millen must be it. They were located in Maastricht but since 1941 also in Stein. There is also a logo FM in a circle stamped on the bottom of the jeep. On the net i did find pictures 2 cast iron models, lots of aluminium ones in several colours and one in brass.

Edited by Citroman
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...