Replica .50 Cal

armouredfarmer

Hi

As I have not figured out how to find locations, what country are you located in?  If you are in the states send me private message, we got a machinist in our club who turning out and selling some very good replicas.  Pretty sure he does not sell outside the US.

Cheers Phil   

On 21/10/2017 at 1:14 PM, armouredfarmer said:

I am looking to buy a replica .50 cal to mount on an AA ring mount, does anyone have any suggestions as to good sources or, perhaps ones to avoid?

Thanks in anticipation

PT

Hi,I have one for sale,I make these, has a moving sprung loaded cocking handle,adjustable sight and lid to place ammo.oxford area(uk).£450.mount made just to suit my millitant(axle stand used just to display in my workshop).scott.01993882215.

P1040410.JPG

P1040409.JPG

• 1 month later...

Appreciating that there are companies who make replicas, have you tried contacting Manroy Engineering to see if they have any deactivated ones or display models available???  They make the real thing here in the UK.  If there's a market for replicas maybe they might be persuaded to make those too.  I used to know a couple of guys at the company (I bought all UK military small arms from 2008-12) but I've lost touch.

I've dealt with Manroy before. For a business, they are more than happy to talk to individuals which surprised me. Mike Priest used to do deac M2s but since the EU law came in I think the market has dropped out for most MGs. Replicas are cheaper but you then get into the realms of the RIF and that's another set of laws to navigate.