Mystery Object No. 27

fv1609

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So - we have a back-pack (also available in mule-mounted form?) carrying some form of fluid thats dispensed via the tube at the base.

Not a medicament such as blood or plasma, not a disinfectants and not - as such - a refreshments dispenser.

Is the substance dispensed in a stream or in a spray????

The apparatus is in two parts.

The bit you can't see is carried in the bit that you can.

But the bit you can see also becomes an integral part of the apparatus.

The man/mule is merely a means of transportation for the apparatus when it is packed. Once the apparatus is functioning, it is stationary. The man/mule become superfluous.

It is not for bathing or dispensing blood, plasma, tea, disinfectants etc

he is carrying a type of BUCKET - Folding - Canvas :shake: I wasn't going to get involved in any of the previous folding canvas bucket stuff but it looks like I have been sucked in unwittingly

I've just seen this, getting warm!

water filtration kit?

Yes well done Simon

I thought we were getting close when it got the the bucket, folding, canvas. It is a Small Coolie Pack Filter. The filter resevoir is the canvas backpack which is used to convey the filter pack when not in use.

App0479.jpg

The canvas reservoir is suspended above a silex filter. The reservoir is filled with water then aluminium sulphate & bleaching powder added. The mixture is stirred & after, ideally 20 minutes, the tap is turned on to provide water fit for drinking.

The location of water & its extraction a RE task. Water purification was a RAMC responsibility. The Provost role was to guard the water supply against contamination by men or animals.

Edited by Marmite!!
Photo links repaired