Morris CS8 water bowser

goanna

The Morris CS8 water bowser, one of these tanks has come up for sale over here , the seller is asking a exhorbitant high price . . I've never seen another 200 gall. tank in over 40 years of scrounging here. Are these common in the UK ? This one looks to be in good cond. without the ancillaries of course .

Is there a original example around with the fittings eg taps and filters ? Thanks

img025.jpg

img024.jpg

Hi

They do turn up in the UK, one was on eBay for £100 a couple of weeks ago, but didn't sell, this also didn't have any ancillaries.

I am after pumps and filters for my MWC restoration

The tank in the pictures was also used on early Bedford MWC's

OK . The seller over here  is asking  X 10 times what they sell for in the UK ! Blimey !  I thought these bowsers are rare but it sounds like they are not so rare after all 
On this particular example there are brass nomenclature plates stating " Morris 4 wheeled CS8 " Somewhere I have some pics with a " Thompson brothers"  logo on the photo.

I will try to negotiate a lower price but I would need to find the rest of the bits n pieces eg rear guards and all the taps and filters and pipework . This could be a pipe dream .

Regarding the MW bowsers, the AWM have a movie online depicting scenes of  a search light unit in Port Moresby PNG, the unit had a MW bowser on issue .

Edited by goanna

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...