Parts wanted

john1950

On your  A68 travels you must have been aware of a  Vigor parked only 30 ft away behind a hedge  ?     Stood down abt. 1978 ,  I observed it passing for many years - possibly it is the one you purchased  ?  Just checked Google mapping and can't see it now , but the hedge / trees are greatly overgrown - a long shot is that it was parked inside the extanct corrugated iron shed when the yard closed  ?

5 hours ago, fesm_ndt said:

As in really bad? I am curious if it was ever a military one

I doubt it was military, It would have had more add on bits. I have not driven one with a front mounted winch. All of  the ones I have driven had rear mounted winches, both for operating the blade, and scraper. Also the towing winch. Considering it was built in the 1950s I think it has survived well.

55 minutes ago, john1950 said:

I was not aware of the one on the a 68. I have not purchased one I am just looking for parts for a friend. I knew Carter White ran some on an opencast at Toft Hill. Walton and Mconnell had some at Stanley.

Yes , this was one owned by Carter White , certain he had two runners (possibly 4 qty. originally) before Komatsu. It stood so long I considered he must have been too attached to weigh it in  ?  The location was the stock-yard & weighbridge that remained when the OCCS moved.

Edited by ruxy
amd.

Rackwood used Mangam for scraping - so that fits.  I remember Salkelds , later a son was running the show for JSY  &  Bowmer Kirkland.

The Vigor at Ravenscar  -  probably it dragged a DIY welded catamaran for miles over fields for launch, most ugly floating thing I have ever seen , last observed in Whitby harbour abt. 12 years ago.

Sorry I have not replyed. I did not look properly on the new forum. I have also been repairing my storage boxes after an attack by thieves. Ravenscar Vickers Vigor was used in a salvage operation and ran a bearing due to shortage of oil if I remember correctly.

Edited by john1950
edit