Welcome back!

Joris

Welcome to our new home! 

First, let me apologize for the fact that the forum has been down for so long. I never expected that moving 10 years of topics, stories, and pictures to a new location and a new forum system would be so time-consuming. 

Luckily, we have made it and now we have a new home, it will be mostly the same and different at the same time. There is still work that needs to be done but I'm on it and will do my best to get it all finished as quickly as possible.

If you have any questions, please post them here or on this board and I will try and answer / fix them as quickly as possible,

Enjoy HMVF! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Up 1

Quick question, was trying to send you (Joris) a private message but a pop up said I had to clear my message inbox first. Like a good drone I went and binned a bunch of messages but with no result as when I went back it still wouldn't let me message you. Glitch or is it me again?

• Like 1
  • Up 1

Just now, robin craig said:

Quick question, was trying to send you (Joris) a private message but a pop up said I had to clear my message inbox first. Like a good drone I went and binned a bunch of messages but with no result as when I went back it still wouldn't let me message you. Glitch or is it me again?

Let me take a look at the settings

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, robin craig said:

Can you try again?

Hello Joris and Team,

Welcome back, this website is always my first port of call and you have been sorely missed !  I have a problem with some of the pictures on my thread '1914 Thornycroft up and running' on the Pre War vehicles thread. The photos are listed but not displayed. It could be that I have exceeded my limit, in my eagerness to share this event. Could you advise me on this and also how to upload portrait pics without having them turned sideways ?

Many Thanks,

Tomo

• Like 1

I'm sure I'll get used to the new open plan, you have certainly been very busy.

Looking at my articles, although the threads are there, the links are dead & say the page does not exist. There are a couple that link direct to my Dropbox which are ok. But maybe these are things on the yet to do list that you know about.

• Like 1

Looking good! Well done for completing a mammoth task in such a short space of time.

My Libya-Tripolitania thread looks intact though it seems that many photos are duplicated though..... maybe they were before!

Teething troubles with links in quotations not working and I'm unable to progress to next page from 'next' or the next number. I have to click then see that nothing is happening before refreshing the page in the browser bar .... then I have the next page! Not tried going page a page though!

I'm itching to play and post a photograph, hoping its as straightforward as previously. Tomorrow maybe!

Thank you for providing us all with such a great forum.

Lizzie

PS. Just noticed I only have 3 posts to my credit. I am to be demoted?

Edited by BlueBelle
Added PS
  • Like 1

Thanks Joris -  good work!  In my experience with these things it's always better to under-promise and over-deliver.  If you think it will take three days then say ten, that way either no-one notices it took longer than you thought or you do it in less than ten and they think you're wonderful.

Just one suggestion - could we go to https rather than http to protect passwords etc.?

Andy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fv1609 said:

I'm sure I'll get used to the new open plan, you have certainly been very busy.

Looking at my articles, although the threads are there, the links are dead & say the page does not exist. There are a couple that link direct to my Dropbox which are ok. But maybe these are things on the yet to do list that you know about.

Your PDF links are still on my to-do list, I will look at that today.