bedford mw riffle bracket

Danny P

Hi,

Could someone help me with the measurements of the riffle bracket and angle irons (2x) in a bedford mw? I 've enclosed a drawing with A to I indication to make it more easy. Please notice the most upper drawing indicating how I would comprehend the measurements for the bracket and angle irons i.e. total measurement including iron thickness for some cases.

Appreciate your help,

Danny P

attachment.php?attachmentid=129705&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=129706&stc=1

2017-10-01 17.43.37.jpg

bedford.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Tomas,

The rifle bracket in your MWC looks like it was originally fitted but is, as you say, different from the one in the attached picture. You could maybe help me out by measuring the thickness of the bracket as a starting point. I assume it is 5 or 6 mm?

Furthermore, I still hope someone of the bedford owners out there is willing to help me out with the A to I measurements in my drawing!

Thanks,

Danny

Edited by Danny P

Hi Danny

Couple of photos of mine - has a bearing on dimensions

the two L-brackets are staightforward - 1/8" thick strip

A = 2"

B = C = 2.75"

D = 3.5"

For the long bracket - for a start it differs from your drawing

1- the top corner of the trailing edge is angled/chamfered - 3/4" off overall length (of your dimension F) and width ( of your dimension G) 

2 - the strip is just bent through 90 degrees

So........................ from 3/16" thick strip (your dimension I)

E = 10"

F = 6.5" to start of chamfer or 7.25" overall

G = 2.5" overall (or 1.75" taking account of chamfer at top)

H = 1.5"

Holes at bottom end are 2.5" apart on a vertical plane, 0.5" from cut edge

For bizarre reason, this one had been welded to a plate, which in turn had been bolted to the stowage bin, but I think I have recovered it to its original shape/dimensions

Hope this helps. Progress on mine is glacial but I will get there one dayIMG_3453.thumb.JPG.facceb6e15efd8a3fba3f7188c22362c.JPGIMG_3454.thumb.JPG.987fce3cc4a333c04a1d0c68f98f64b7.JPG

Edited by simon king

Hi Simon,

Thank you very much for the measurements but to some extent is not completely clear to me. It could be because I'm a Dutchman and maybe therefore have some difficulties with the translation.

I have tried to start from a flat drawing as presented in the picture below. I have tried to draw in as many sizes as possible but some sizes are not clear to me. Could you please confirm if the measurements in my drawing are correct?

Furthermore:

Can you explain your point 1 about the 3/4" off size?

Can you explain both F sizes?

Can you explain the 1.75" size for G

How is H measured, as H1 or H2 in my drawing

Maybe you can draw the answers in my drawing. 

Thanks,

Danny20171116_205129.thumb.jpg.a85a484159141274bbdc599bb3d99f60.jpg

Hi Simon,

Thank you very much for clarifying by the additional remarks in the  drawing. For completion I think I have three more questions if you don't mind i.e.:

1. diameter of holes in the L-brackets as a spacing for the rivets of the rifle clips

2. position of the three holes for fitting the L-brackets to the long bracket

3. how did you measure the L-brackets, like 1 or 2 in the below drawing?

Would be great if you could help me with these last questions! :thumbsup:

Regards,

Danny

5a115e0aed182_20171119_1130161.thumb.jpg.1cadb51e11754ff49ad84f570da39328.jpg