ianmaiden

Land rover 109 CL possible role

Question

Hi Everyone I would like some advice please on my 109 CL as to identifing other roles it may have played in its army life. The b card has it at the RE driving ESTB RSME 10 years service but I was wondering if it could have been used for bomb disposal or similar role as I has some parts that would relate to having alternating horns (has 3 horns) and maybe a flashing beacon.

It has sliding side windows in the rear panels and looks like it may have had shelving. I understand that these could have been added buy any of its 9 civilian owners but I would be interested in knowing if they are military specification parts.

I would be greatful for any advice as I would like to restore to its military role.

Thanks in advance

flasher.jpg

shelf.jpg

roof.jpg

window.jpg

2 answers to this question

Seem to think I have read this vehicles history before. I think that it should read 'RE Diving' and therefore if going on a diving emergency the two tones and blue light would be needed.

Yes Richard you are correct I have misread the b card and it does say(RE diving) cant belive I have been misreading it. Glad I posted it under I may be stupid.