Hair Bear

Range Rover advice please

Cheers!

I know there's a fair chance that won't be the sole reason for the problem but at least when I get the faults cleared there's less risk of one door slam and be back where I started.

SRS faults lights  on both P38 and the Disco are a pain in the rear. There is a tendency for them to come on if you alter the passenger front seat . Unplug yellow wire under seat count about thirty and re connect, that will often clear the light. There is reams about it on the various Landy forums. 

Gave it a bit of a swill, doesn't look too bad. I just need to find time to get it roadworthy.

We're off and running!

All it failed on was the SRS (reset), a sticky brake (cleaned), and the exhaust (Swiss cheese). All done now and on the road.

Still lots to tinker with but enjoying using it. Thanks for the input.

Hi chaps, all was going well until I broke it.

One of the front drive shaft ujs started rattling, so I hought the best thing was to drop the shaft off before it broke loose. Anyhow, it drove home ok but while removing the shaft on the side of the road the two halves slid apart. Daft thing is, I now can't get them back together so is there a trick to this? I'm sure I've got the yolkes paralell and the splines have engaged but it won't go more than about an inch.

Any ideas please??

Never done This your on your Own..... lol

Do you mean the cv joint has come off the end of the drive shaft?

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:36 AM, Hair Bear said:

I now can't get them back together so is there a trick to this? I'm sure I've got the yolkes paralell and the splines have engaged but it won't go more than about an inch.

Possible solution here:-

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?4592-Hunter-Prop-shaft-sliding-joint-which-doesn-t-slide-help-advice-please

Also, check that there isn't any foreign matter in the tube, especially between the splines.

Hi Chaps,

John, it's the shaft from the transfer box to the front axle with open joints.

Fuzee, interesting link. I'm told there is a tiny weld somewhere to stop  the splines being assembled out of line so failing that I'll take out the grease nipple and see if that solves it.

Thanks all.

Posted (edited)

Check the manual but from distant memory the shaft is assembled with the joints out of alignment, there is a small dimple on the joint or shaft which indicates the correct position.

Edited by radiomike7

All back together now, and yes the shaft only goes back together about 1 spline out of line.

Thanks for the help.

Rob.