I have a 1939 Morris Commercial six-wheeler, the CDF. I am in need of the carburetter rebuilding to tip top condition, it is a 35 RTVDL, can anyone recommend some one who does not have a waiting time of 9 weeks ?

I have a 1939 Morris Commercial six-wheeler, the CDF. I am in need of the carburetter rebuilding to tip top condition, it is a 35 RTVDL, can anyone recommend some one who does not have a waiting time of 9 weeks ?

Hi Bob,

Have you tried Burlen Services in Salisbury? www.burlen.co.uk They deal with Solex carbs

Yes Richard, Burlen ! at Spitfire House or they were there in 1990. I will contact them without delay, thanks for the memory prompt.

I phoned Burlen and was told that the chap who did Solex carbs passed away and they do not now do them. I was told to try The Carburetta Hospital. I have not done so yet, does anyone know good reports of them ?

I am waiting for another well know Carburettor Company to confirm when they can do my carbs.

If anyone is looking to start a new business this seems to be the area to get into.

Try Carburettor Exchange in Leighton Buzzard, I have used them several times for Solex carbs. They have always done a very good job. He even had some NOS Daimler AC carbs a few years back. Not the fastest though, and I don't know what their current turnaround is like.

http://www.carbex.demon.co.uk/

You'll be lucky if you can find a company that doesn't have a long waiting time. My local company Southern Carburettors (at Gatwick) do a great job but the waiting list is 3-4 months.