431 members have voted

1. 1. What MV do you own?

• British
    • American
    • German
    • Commomwealth
    • Eastern Block
    • Other

Im really suprised to see that British Vehicles are leading the poll - with all those jeeps out there....although how many jeep owners have voted american when maybe they should have voted French ??

Any chance you could expand your poll to vehcile types....jeeps/landrover/gmc/dodge/bedford etc?????? - would be fascinating to know what the number one vehicle of choice is ?!?!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

What do I own? listed below.

I was very proudly showing my business partner the Saracen and Ferret. He's an angler, when he said, "your mad, what do you want to own these for?" Simple answer "Beats sitting by a river with a stick in your hand"

(Apologies to all Anglers reading this)

• 2 weeks later...
What do I own? listed below.

I was very proudly showing my business partner the Saracen and Ferret. He's an angler, when he said, "your mad, what do you want to own these for?" Simple answer "Beats sitting by a river with a stick in your hand"

(Apologies to all Anglers reading this)

I agree, angling isn't my thing either.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

thought I had best update my list of things

ural 375 d Box running so sweet she is a treat....no more electronic ignition buggered so fitting a modern type to make it more reliable...

Ural 375D flat bed on she is complete...winch too, engine running like a dog still...definitely have a plug issue as well as a carb issue...... as well as a fuel pump issue...

ural 375d getting diesel engine...getting a ford 7.2 litre power stroke..

Star 660 x 2 now all working, just got to fit flat bed to one...second one now has a compression problem...head coming off.

Zil 131 ... Wrecker with front winch, still needs a rear winch and a bit of bodywork. Welder here this month to sort it all out.

Zil 131 flat bed getting a front winch fitted..but may go diesel..

Zil 131 crane 4 ton rear winch and tipper body, awaiting fitting and final commissioning.

Zil 131 logging zil, front winch, with rear mounted botex crane and grab plus donkey engine and hydrauluc pump...all to be fitted this month..

Diesel Zil 131...new engine fitted, running a treat...

Zil 131 Decon getting Diesel GM 6.2 as a trial install with auto box...

Zil with rear Crane, driven from Sheffield lovely.

Zil 131 chassis cab camo just needs a bit of tidying. Now with new back body, new drivers step and a new wing.

Gaz 69, awaiting MOT work starting this week, brakes mostly...still have the wrong wheel cylinders

FV432

FV434 (new) needs oils changing...sorted...

Stalwart x 2 crane 623 and standard 622. 622 awaiting a few mods before she is ready to roll...

Saracen second gear problem...partially sorted but the second gear band is near the end of life....thats an engine out and gearbox out...big job...

M62 wrecker 20 ton..with 10 ton crane, 10 ton front winch and 25 ton rear winch, but reckon they can pull double that..all working now and road legal.

MTLB running sweet now, new belts fitted, steering brakes all adjusted and working a treat...just need a bit of fabrication work now.

looking at fitting the spare engine into the ural..git a new geny and on off switch, lights next...

Berliet tipper KT 8 multi fuel diesel..now tipping as it should, excellent vehicle

UAZ 452.newly mot'd about to be registered...

Star 266 sweet

14.3 ton tipper trailer.....awaiting MOT

4.5 ton Mesa trailer that will carry 2.25 tons... all its hydraulics are removed to lighten the basic trailer and then she is going to be weighed to see what weight she is...hoping she will be good for 2.8 tons, maybe even 3 tons..hoping...

Sanky narrow track...okay but going to get a wide track with disc brakes too...

Sanky 1 and 3/4 ton

M817 cummins 250 diesel tipper...will be perfect 1959 manufacured. so no tax or MOT perfect.

Green Goddess

Unimog getting a cab re weld...lots to repair..

Scammell 8x6 DROPS

Foden 8 x 4 beaver tail..loads of work needed to tidy her up..on going....new gearbox and winch going on in the next week or so..

ZIL 131 from Germany, now in the UK, and now fitted as a camper...

FH77 155mm Gun now mostly operational except for the brakes and main support legs which only work manually at the moment..

Munga jeep in process of rebuild...looking good.

UAZ 469

Renault tipper crane now going beaver tail..beaver tail bought...

Zil 157 needing new engine and a fair bit of work to get on the road again...getting a cummins straight 6 diesel and eaton overdrive box. Body box is mostly cleared out but needs the mast/aerial mount removing then we will see if the box is worth keeping.

ZIL 131 decontam unit near new...she will be going on the road as a std machine.

Last one Tatra 813 Kolos...partially paid for awaiting collection..

FUG B

TATRA 813 flat bed..

munga x two are ex lord carrington of UN fame...

Kirovets

Ferrett

zil 131 Radio truck

Leviathan

Brush Electric Bomb tug

Stirker Swingfire CVRT..bit of a wreck but will be fun to getting her running...engine bought, rear door collected and now just need the sight turret...and she is basically complete...

Foden GS beavertail 220 eagle engine, want to fit a turbo to that to get her up to 300 bhp, will make her more useable on the road..could just buy a DROPS engine and fit that I guess but that wont happen.

Zil 131 chassis cab..going flat bed

Zil 131 Decontamination unit...about to be used as site fire engine...

Zil 131 going diesel...and flat bed

Sitting here reading this thread,my wife shouts to me "what's making you laugh so much"

I then explained that when my dear old dad had one of "those" talks with me as a youngster he told me,

"Son, if ever you find yourself wanting down in the marriage tackle area :undecided: take heart. When others start boosting you can always move the conversation away by telling people all the toys you have, have had, or intent to get"

I never really unstood (at that time) what he meant but since have found out........,

I'm proud to say I am the owner of a pushbike :-):-):-):-)

My post was in jest..........

There was NO offence meant,just some light hearted humour. Hence the smillies.

'I think all my vehicles make it an excellent reason to be a member of a military vehicle forum', no offence taken....I also have an old military bike somewhere...

• 6 months later...

2 x brdm-2

1 x ot-90 (bmp-1)

3 x gaz 69 jeep

2 x gaz 67 jeep

1 x ural 375 (diesel)

ural k750 bike/combi

2 x 704 gaz trailers

pk 02 cz cook trailer

various mortars etc..

oh and a daf 8x6 drops mmlc, which is not eastern bloc :-D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Currently I have a Ferret Mk.1/2 & Land Rover S-3 air portable light weight. Both under resto...

Matt

Have owned: M37(X2),WC51,WC62,M59APC,M151A1,M151A2(X2),M38...Thought there was more to this list...

:embarrassed: :cool2:.

• 3 weeks later...