War & Peace 2008

MarcPSummers

Went to Beltring this morning to load up the Ferret, Fox & Saladin for their trip to Pirbright, when I got there found that someone had untied my Ferret canvas/Bivvi & had stolen it, not just a bit of canvas but he very hard to find correct Ferret Canvas.. also they had started undoing the .30cal tripod straps to have that away, it seems they couldn't get one of the straps undone.. as these are not types of items Joe blogs would bother with I suspect it was taken by one of he other MV owners parked up with ours >:( >:(>:(

Let me get this right?You lot still have vehicles still in place at the Hop Farm? How long do people have vehicles on site for?And why do you still have them there?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this right?You lot still have vehicles still in place at the Hop Farm? How long do people have vehicles on site for?And why do you still have them there?

Waiting for them to be lowloaded back.. it's cheaper or us to use transport with the armour than driving them there.. thy are there anything u to 4 weeks afte the show...

Our vehicles are usually there for 3 weeks, a week before the show and a week after. We just have to wait for our slot, which depends on other loads. For owners of armour, tracked especially, this is the only way to get the vehicles to and from the show economically. Without it the arena would be pretty empty every day at around 4pm....

Chris

Obviously for next year a deterent is required?

Clive knows a thing or two about capacitors.!!!!

Rig up a huge capacitor to an electric fence around the MVs....8 or 9 farads should do it?

Is there a way to create a capacitor from two big vehicles parked close to each other?

I would guess the only other option is to have an on-site rota after the show.

Even though we leave the day after the show, after our display has gone down we park our vehicle as close together as we can, and sheet over everything we can. Has worked so far in that we haven't lost anything yet.

A few years ago we had a large, genuine 1991 Kuwait flag nicked from atop our flagpole one night. Now we even take our repro flag down at night.

It's a shame we have to take precautions when at a show with supposedly like-minded peoples.

Well thats a first for me.I never knew so many vehicles were still on site this long after the show.Seeing that they are going to be there that long couldnt you strip what you can from it,to make it less tempting?Do you only have one fella with a lowloader to do all the work then?

Andy, I have found that the screws on our hubcaps come loose quite regularly. It is an easy thing to miss until you see the tell-tale oil stain. The screws will wear in the way you describe if driven with the hubcap loose.

Vince

Grasshopper, the 4 screews that were holding the cap on defenatly had a plain portion on them from new, they were not worn. The plain portion is much longer than the thickness of the hub cap matterial. I know they can come lose, I check them regular. As it happend one was missing on the right hand side, but that must have fallen out when I took the Striker over to be loaded up as there was dust in the hole. The left hand side had been tamperd with, fortuatly its a very minor matter that can be sorted easly.

Safariswing, did you managed to shake off some mud from my track or has Chris got that pleasure tomorow? :evil:

Safariswing, did you managed to shake off some mud from my track or has Chris got that pleasure tomorow? :evil:

Took them for a blap aound the helicopter field but it was so wet the field looked like the arena by the time I was finished... the mud's nice & hard now & most of it is just falling off my Fox... all over the Parade Ground at Pirbright at the moment :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: most of the mud will fall of yours too I suspect...

Lee,

Thats good to hear, I'll have to check over them carefully when I'm unloading them. I hate leaving them down there, but don't really have much choice!

Chris

Chris,

did you get them back ok :dunno:

No. Phoned Rex Monday, he said Wednesday am. He phoned back later in the day and confirmed it. I called Ken, he said he'd be here by 8am Wednesday. I took a few hours off work this morning, went to get Andy, moved all the cars so we had somewhere to park the Spartan. Got to the drop off point at 7:45am. Waited for 30mins. Called Ken, he was in a Cafe at Paddock Wood, with another load on the truck. He didn't know when he'd be coming up this way, he said tonight, maybe tomorrow. It's really not good enough. I phoned Rex, he wasn't there, someone said they had no idea what's happening. I'm a bit fed up to be honest.

No. Phoned Rex Monday, he said Wednesday am. He phoned back later in the day and confirmed it. I called Ken, he said he'd be here by 8am Wednesday. I took a few hours off work this morning, went to get Andy, moved all the cars so we had somewhere to park the Spartan. Got to the drop off point at 7:45am. Waited for 30mins. Called Ken, he was in a Cafe at Paddock Wood, with another load on the truck. He didn't know when he'd be coming up this way, he said tonight, maybe tomorrow. It's really not good enough. I phoned Rex, he wasn't there, someone said they had no idea what's happening. I'm a bit fed up to be honest.

Just read on another Forum that he's delivering the Stug today.... agree with you he should of let you know what was happening... I even offered to go & load them for him on Tuesday morning...