War & Peace 2008

MarcPSummers

356 Days to go til War & Peace 2008 - Snow is predicted so stock up on Jeep Snow Chains Now.

But before you do why not take a look at over 3000 photos from the 2007 show.

http://www.warandpeaceshow.co.uk/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=19

Also you can register on the W&P Site and get your own W&P Profile - don't just show off your vehicles at W&P and the other shows - show them off all year round on your profile gallery.

Or if you have your own pics from W&P 2007 - upload them to your profile gallery for all to see - who has the muddiest photo????

Best Regards

Marc P Summers

War and Peace Internet Consultant

http://www.warandpeaceshow.com

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just looked at a few of the photos from W&P, and have now decided to save the rest for later. I think I'll invite some friends over and hook the computer up to a projector and watch them on a big screen...

Should be entertainment for hours...

Marty

I have looked through the photos and my opinion is too much of the re-enactors (especially German) and arena events and not enough of the vehicles in the fields. The photos are good on the W&P website, and I enjoyed looking through them, but I would have preferred more softskin vehicles. Anybody else share my view?

I have looked through the photos and my opinion is too much of the re-enactors (especially German) and arena events and not enough of the vehicles in the fields. The photos are good on the W&P website, and I enjoyed looking through them, but I would have preferred more softskin vehicles. Anybody else share my view?

Yes

Marc

Just out of curiosity, as several people have mentioned things being stolen this year at W & P (and similar things seem to have happened in previous years) what do W & P intend to do to improve security at the event. I am contemplating hauling up one of our WW1 trucks for 2008, but am very reluctant to do so if i we will have to put a 24 hour guard on it during our stay.

Tim

Marc

Just out of curiosity, as several people have mentioned things being stolen this year at W & P (and similar things seem to have happened in previous years) what do W & P intend to do to improve security at the event. I am contemplating hauling up one of our WW1 trucks for 2008, but am very reluctant to do so if i we will have to put a 24 hour guard on it during our stay.

Tim

I think the most sensible thing is not to leave your vehicles unattended.

OR

Get your neighbour to keep watch on your pride and joy.

I know it's not ideal but helps me sleep at night - plus I had a ferocious dog in the tent at night time.

Markheliops

Robert,

I thought the same as you. If you look at the different photographers, they appear to have taken shots of the same events in the arena. Would have been better if they had spent more time in the vehicle display areas.

I tend to agree.

If I hadn't won a prize or been towed free by a halftrack - my WLF wouldn't had have it's picture taken at all -

Despite being there from the Monday prior to the show and having all the bits out - oh er missis. :?

Markheliops

You're not wrong about too much of the re-enactors, especially the battle. It's a shame at W&P they seem to concentrate on the Americans and Germans (Germans especially, right next to the arena, all the groups put together with some very nice kit), especially as us British groups are pushed to the side among the vehicle owners! Ah well, found a picture of me firing the 75mm pack howitzer on another website so i'm happy! None of me with my goggles on riding my mates bike though

I tend to agree.

If I hadn't won a prize or been towed free by a halftrack - my WLF wouldn't had have it's picture taken at all -

Despite being there from the Monday prior to the show and having all the bits out - oh er missis. :?

Markheliops

Not to mention by a Stalwart after the prize awards........ :evil: :evil: :evil:

This year was my first year on the team and as I am sure the other photographers would agree a better schedule is required. The photographers are all clearly marked with Press Team shirts and are all very approachable people. Next year why not collar one of them and get them to take your shots you want.

I spent most of my time in the arena as I was the only photographer licensed to drive the cherry picker - this was introduced this year to get new angles - Some very interesting 'different' shots.

I would love to see photos of each type of vehicle and also have narration of those photos - however from what I saw this year the photographers already work very long hours and then I had to edit and upload all the photos (500-750 a day after all the duplicates were removed).

Great comments though - it will help the team provide better services in years to come.

Marc P Summers

Ah!!!!! Mark

You then are the chappy Snapper and Zoomer could not wake up on the Friday morning of the HMVF photo shoot, as they needed the cherry picker to take some shots instead of a ladder :whistle:

I took part in every areana event with the 101 including the Falklands event.Not one pic on the site.There was even a great pic moment of me in the 101 and the Para guys in the lightweight nearly coming to grief.still no pic.Did get four shots of the Ferret on the site.I suppose thats something for 19 years of service to the show.

I took Bertha to the arena on the Wednesday evening for what should have been the British vehicle ride out which didn't happen, I don't know why, mebbe not enough vehicles turned up but there were quite a few photo's taken there and I downloaded a few of them. Can't seem to print any at A4 size to frame without them going all grainy. Any suggestions of how to enlarge them would be appreciated.

John.

I took Bertha to the arena on the Wednesday evening for what should have been the British vehicle ride out which didn't happen, I don't know why, mebbe not enough vehicles turned up but there were quite a few photo's taken there and I downloaded a few of them. Can't seem to print any at A4 size to frame without them going all grainy. Any suggestions of how to enlarge them would be appreciated.

John.

John,

contact the photographer & ask them if you can have Hi-res copies of the photos.

I took part in every areana event with the 101 including the Falklands event.Not one pic on the site.There was even a great pic moment of me in the 101 and the Para guys in the lightweight nearly coming to grief.still no pic.Did get four shots of the Ferret on the site.I suppose thats something for 19 years of service to the show.

I'm really sorry Mark, but I missed the Falklands and several arena events covering other things on site. There were three of us working for the website (sometimes four when the webmaster needed a breather) and it was a physical impossibility for me personally to be everywhere. There is no concerted planning of coverage, we tend to do what we can get to, or work to suit other agendas. I was usually covering a mix of things from 8am to 8pm most days and I know I left some people disappointed. I am really sorry. The press team was cut from four to three this year for separate reasons and perhaps this did not help on occasion. In an ideal world we would have one or two snappers in the arena all day and others roaming the site doing all the other stuff. But resources only go so far.

Hopefully we can redress this next year.

cheers,

Mark B

Snapper.

How would one get on the photographic side of War and Peace.

I can shoot a half decent pic and it would be great to tour the site and snap away for 2008.

Plus - guaranteed to get your own vehicle in somewhere. :-D

Markheliops

You do not need to be in the arena to get a desent photo out of it...

Spent some houres alongside, and have some good photos.

But also spent many houres out in the fields from 6 am to late night making photos...

Chers

Rolf

BTW: Had one of Johns Morris and have sent a high res to him.

width=320 height=193http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3104/arenareduced02ob6.jpg[/img]

width=233 height=320http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8349/arenareducedvt7.jpg[/img]

I often feel that there is not enough photos of different land rovers, I understand that there are loads of landys about, but it does not mean they have to be ignored.

As for security, we had a rottwieler camped with us and someone was brave(stupid) enough to nick my mates lightwieght hood!.

What I would like to see is security patrols through the night in the areas where people camp, this might stop people driving whilst drunk!. Someone missed my landy by about an inch whilst they were reversing with a can of beer in thier hand!!.