Not very common admittedly but any ideas?

Eye surgery wound.jpg

Look like trees around outside and a round pit, the other odd shape like a 'blob', is what? I am going to say an amphitheatre

Question is, does the centre go up or down? Looks to me like some form of very heavy, ie railgun or coastal artillery emplacement.

Look like trees around outside and a round pit, the other odd shape like a 'blob', is what? I am going to say an amphitheatre

Richard you are right about the first part, but is smaller than an amphitheatre.

Long nosed monk?

Ah from above? Not a man Tony.

A gun or mortar emplacement, perhaps?

Andy

Question is, does the centre go up or down? Looks to me like some form of very heavy, ie railgun or coastal artillery emplacement.

Centre stays put Tony.

Whoa!!! I think know what it is. The base for a light airship used on Channel Patrol in WW1.

Lewis bomb?

Oh there was a picture Lauren but now its gawn. Not an explosive device in its own right.

A gun or mortar emplacement, perhaps?

Andy

It looks as if it could be Andy, would normally not expect to be such a noisy situation.

Whoa!!! I think know what it is. The base for a light airship used on Channel Patrol in WW1.

That's one I hadn't thought of Tony, I see what you mean but this is on a smaller.

I used to shoot on an estate near Ashford that has the remains of something very close to this where an airship was based.

Is it one of those concrete listening dishes that were on the Kent coast?

Edited by Zero-Five-Two
Spelling

I used to shoot on an estate near Ashford that has the remains of something very close to this where an airship was based.

I know where that is.

Glad I wasn't around when you were shooting, could have been dangerous. :-D

long time ago Dammed if I can remember the name of the place, lots of deer. That area was called Airship Now back to subject. Is the shape some sort of emplacement? The other thing that comes to mind is mobile radar.

Noise important? WW1 sound locator station

Edited by Tony B

Is it one of those concrete listening dishes that were on the Kent coast?

Good idea Rob but this 1905 & what you have is view from above.

long time ago Dammed if I can remember the name of the place, lots of deer. That area was called Airship Now back to subject. Is the shape some sort of emplacement? The other thing that comes to mind is mobile radar.

Noise important? WW1 sound locator station

Someone has already suggested a sound locator Tony.

Not radar this is from 1905 used by the British Army but was copied from another major army of the time.

Secret Russian shot putting stand for testing naughty performance enhancing stuff, aerial view...hidden behind a hedge.

Secret Russian shot putting stand for testing naughty performance enhancing stuff, aerial view...hidden behind a hedge.

Ah so you are still around here Bernard. "Shot putting" not really & not a Russian device but was used by another large army of the time.

Not another vintage latrine? We will get to the bottom of this. :cool2:

Dated 1905, copied from another Army. OK, what wa sthe British Army up to at that time? Just finished the Boer War and major reorginistaion, the other thing it could be, thinking Indian army, and that shape, an oven?