Dorking covenanter recovery

eddy8men

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:12 PM, Hoseman said:

Rick knows my views on this sensationalized TV trash!!

It's a load of crock making out SUGGS HIMSELF found the tanks NEVER SEEN BEFORE etc.

They did the same at Woodhall Spa in July doing an Arnhem piece. Telling guys to get ready for filming at 0630 and not turning up til 1000 and shouting the odds!!>:(

Saw the first episode, not 100% convinced re presentation, lets see how it goes

Just thought i would say congratulations on the work, watched the episode last night. Very interesting watching, however the archaeologist seemed more excited about 303 ammo shells and hot water bottle bungs, than the Covenanter

It was better than I expected, fearing the inane type of  Channel Four  history documentaries. It was fairly factual and although naturally we would like more on the Covenanter and it's recovery it did give a broader balance of why it was there and the background. It also gave Rick the credit and Suggs was more of a narrator.  7 out of 10.

Episode 1 is on the History Channel UK website, so hopefully episode 3 will be on there soon.

I did watch episode 3 and agree that Rick got the credit that he deserves, Suggs on the other hand should have watched Dads Army before dressing as a member of the Home Guard,  armband on the wrong arm and belt on the wrong way round, at least he got it right by the end of the program.

8 hours ago, dgrev said:

I think there is some sort of filter being applied because I am searching from outside of the UK. Would you be so kind as to post a direct link please to episode 2?

Thanks

Doug

Sorry, I had to go and watch it at my daughters to see my half second of fame as I have not got Sky - no doubt one of the tech savvy forum members can help.

18 hours ago, dgrev said:

I think there is some sort of filter being applied because I am searching from outside of the UK. Would you be so kind as to post a direct link please to episode 2?

Thanks

Doug

Hi Doug, I can't find a link for the video of episode 1, have you tried looking for history.co.uk? Episode 1 is on there but no more episodes as yet.

John

Thanks for that.

When I search from Oz, there are no links visible on the history site for any episodes at all. So I suspect that there is some sort of filter being triggered by my country of origin internet routing. Quite a few UK sites do that. Sometimes a message pops up saying that is what is happening, most of the time not. Usually it is worded along the lines of "This content is not viewable outside of the UK.".

If and when episode 3 becomes available, would someone please post the direct link in this thread?

Regards

Doug

11 hours ago, dgrev said:

John

Thanks for that.

When I search from Oz, there are no links visible on the history site for any episodes at all. So I suspect that there is some sort of filter being triggered by my country of origin internet routing. Quite a few UK sites do that. Sometimes a message pops up saying that is what is happening, most of the time not. Usually it is worded along the lines of "This content is not viewable outside of the UK.".

If and when episode 3 becomes available, would someone please post the direct link in this thread?

Regards

Doug

Same thing happens in UK when we try to view on media sites in Australia, USA, etc. TV companies don't want it seen outside their country until they have sold the rights to that country's TV stations.

• 4 weeks later...