Dorking covenanter recovery

eddy8men

"rick's flying circus" would sound about right.

anyway the TV want to do a bit on the recovery, which will cock it right up but also raise awareness so maybe not a bad thing. unfortunately i doubt i will be able to recover the tank this month due to every man and his dog now getting involved. god only knows how long it will take the TV types to get their act together. it'll be a case of hurry up and wait ! patience is not a virtue i suffer from but i'll just go along with it and do my best. i'll keep you all up to speed

"rick's flying circus" would sound about right.

anyway the TV want to do a bit on the recovery, which will cock it right up but also raise awareness so maybe not a bad thing.

Awareness is good - to a point - unfortunately now we are beginning to see people wanting to dig up the Septic Tanks buried in their gardens! :nut: :cool2: :-D

Awareness is good - to a point - unfortunately now we are beginning to see people wanting to dig up the Septic Tanks buried in their gardens! :nut: :cool2: :-D

Sorry blame the pills. No Sh*T!:noyay: Did put half an SWB FFR into one once, you don't come up smelling of Roses.

chris i was thinking the same thing and it would be a shame if i had to go underground with my activities.

i did a deal on an A10 tank last year and told a few people about it before i had paid and collected it, next thing i know one of those people bought from under me !

chris i was thinking the same thing and it would be a shame if i had to go underground with my activities.

i did a deal on an A10 tank last year and told a few people about it before i had paid and collected it, next thing i know one of those people bought from under me !

@@@king @@stards !!! :cry: Happens a lot in this dog eat dog world.... until money changes hands there is no contract...not like the old days when your word was your bond!.....BUT...rest assured what goes around comes around ! They will get there come upence! :cool2:

it doesn't matter what happens to me, only the tank matters and if it gets restored then great. it just takes a bit of the enjoyment out of it.

it will be interesting to see if the vineyard will yield more tanks from the magnetometer search and if it does we will see how many others try to muscle me out, i have no doubt they are watching the thread closely !

If you have done your best, that is all you can do. People at the vineyard seem to be Honerable and deserve thanks for their patience and commitment to the project. I would imagine that dealing with people with magnotrometers and excavators is out of their comfort zone. Keep talking to them and form your loop, keep everyone on the same page. Well done to everyone on the project. Maybe if you suggest laying down a few bottles of Covanter Recovery as a momento for people who cannot be there it would give them another reason to keep with the team.

Edited by john1950

If you have done your best, that is all you can do. People at the vineyard seem to be Honerable and deserve thanks for their patience and commitment to the project. I would imagine that dealing with people with magnotrometers and excavators is out of their comfort zone. Keep talking to them and form your loop, keep everyone on the same page. Well done to everyone on the project. Maybe if you suggest laying down a few bottles of Covanter Recovery as a momento for people who cannot be there it would give them another reason to keep with the team.

If they do red I will buy a case or two !!!! :nut:

• 3 weeks later...

i've been afraid to ask lest I jinx the process.

fingers crossed for good news , and an inspring pic of the first one, you can actually see the chain attached to the tractor towing it off the farm . Pic from Dorking Heritage Museum

denbies-covenanter-ww2.jpg

BBC has got involved so it's anyones guess now. i want to do it as soon as possible but the vineyard owner wants the publicity so i'll have to hurry up and wait !

however i have been out collecting a few little bits and bobs in the meantime :D

BBC has got involved so it's anyones guess now. i want to do it as soon as possible but the vineyard owner wants the publicity so i'll have to hurry up and wait !

however i have been out collecting a few little bits and bobs in the meantime :D

It took no foresight - Dan Snow , on the day - you may as well just hand the bloke a GS service spade & pick-axe - then walk off stage ,, just make certain the camera is rolling