8 cwt tilt frame

goanna

Thanks for taking the time to produce the drawings and posting them, very useful information and just the sort of thing we all should do from time to time perhaps?, no matter seemingly how obscure the subject may be someone somewhere out there is looking for information and help

So here's my contribution a few detail photos taken from the web (sorry I have lost the source references now but thanks to the posters) a number of years ago when I was making an 8cwt hood frame your drawings goanna would have made the whole job a lot easier !!

8cwt-1[1].jpg

frame-1[1].jpg

mvc-589f[1].jpg

mvc-592_f[1].jpg

Pete

Hi Pete

Those pics look familiar ! David Pope is a Canadian , those snow pics are his pics . David has two C8 vehicles , he is a regular poster on the MLU forum.

The drawings I posted in the first post are for the British 8 cwt tilt frame. I should have made that clear - sorry. The British tilt frame ( Morris - Humber etc ) is made from 1" plain tubing . The Canadian tilt frame is made from thick walled plumbers type pipe and the method of mounting to the body is a different setup.

Hi Pete

Those pics look familiar ! David Pope is a Canadian , those snow pics are his pics . David has two C8 vehicles , he is a regular poster on the MLU forum.

The drawings I posted in the first post are for the British 8 cwt tilt frame. I should have made that clear - sorry. The British tilt frame ( Morris - Humber etc ) is made from 1" plain tubing . The Canadian tilt frame is made from thick walled plumbers type pipe and the method of mounting to the body is a different setup.

Now you come to mention it I think that's where they may have came from or perhaps it was a google image search it was a few years ago now...either way thanks to Dave Pope they were very useful.

Thanks for the clarification re your drawings, I'll re-label them in my useful file as British spec only.

Pete