Ron

BSA WD C10 project

May? I should have it well run in long before that Ha Ha!!??

I would expect no less of you !!! :bow:

We are lucky nowadays that we have computer cut, double sided, low tack stencils available. Bit better than hand crafting them from thin card and trying to fix them so there's no paint bleed like the old days. It's still a bit of a fiddle on the double curvature of a motorcycle tank though.

I boot polished the old knee grips and fitted them to some new backing plates from Russell Motors. Ron

C10 363.jpg

C10 364.jpg

C10 365.jpg

C10 366.jpg

I'm still waiting for my clutch plates to return from having new cork inserts fitted. But I've made up my own loom using period looking rubber cable and now have lights, horn and ignition. Quite a bit of extra wiring involved with coil ignition.

I also fettled the saddle mountings to align the saddle as per the factory picture and built the bike up enough for suitable pictures to apply for my dating letter, for eventual DVLA registration.

Ron

C10 375.jpg

C10 377.jpg

C10 376.jpg

And the infamous "6 spring clutch" now fitted. JJ made me a clutch cable from a pattern, but it's not quite right so will pick up the replacement at Kempton on Saturday. Best to try and get the clutch sorted before I put all those bloody screws in the chain case!! Ron

C10 380.jpg

Please tell me more about where you get the stencils cut in the low tack sheet? I have used low tack film and cut my own 'traced' from computer printed text.

Well it's Tony Pearson who is a forum member at http://www.axholmesigns.co.uk/StoreClosed.htm For some reason his website says they are temporarily closed. But he still accepts emails enquiries and has sent me stencils no problem. Ron

Edited by Ron

I picked up my pre war silencer from Armours who had kindly remade the inlet spout for me and removed the previously mounted hanging bracket. Some lining up, bending, welding and fettling and the silencer position is near as damn it to the factory picture.

Ron

C10 381.jpg

C10 382.jpg

C10 387.jpg

I had a NOS carb body with jet block and float bowl donated to me. I've rebuilt it with all new parts and made up a fuel pipe which I've plated myself by tinning it with solder. Hours of fun!!?? I've also made up the oil pipes which run from the combined oil/petrol tank. More fun trying to stretch my new centre stand spring to fit over its locating pegs. Ron

C10 395.jpg

C10 397.jpg

C10 400.jpg

I'm still waiting for my much better condition clutch lever blade that I acquired to come back from the platers (problems with the nickel vat!!??) So I can't button up the clutch cover until I've tested and adjusted it. In the mean time I've got my dating letter and posted off my application for historic registration. Fingers crossed, I haven't forgotten something! Ron

C10 403.jpg