johann morris

Panzer 2 turret

I think that a CVRT  transmission would be ideal if it can be fitted into the shape of the hull. CVRT final drives might solve that problem too. Good decission to use the Jag engine. It will sound right and fits nicely.

David

David,

Not a bad idea but I wonder where one might source the cvrt components and no doubt, they cost a kings ransom.

Anyone know where such items may be purchased?

Jon

petrol cvrt engines and gearboxes should be cheap as everyone seems to want the diesel variant. the final drives however might be a problem. i'll ask around for you.

a friend in poland has found 60 links of what he was told was panzer 1 track. is it any use

42547883_2164390783817792_118753075480494080_n.png

49 minutes ago, eddy8men said:

petrol cvrt engines and gearboxes should be cheap as everyone seems to want the diesel variant. the final drives however might be a problem. i'll ask around for you.

a friend in poland has found 60 links of what he was told was panzer 1 track. is it any use

CVRT final drives are the easy bit to find and they are not expensive. Gearboxes are expensive though, expect to pay £2k for a good petrol one and quite a lot more for diesel.

Eddy,

The track links would be very welcome, could you find out how much he wants for them, I expect shipping would be expensive.

I thought the gearbox and final drives were going to be expensive, it may be back to plan A and cobble something up, in a very English sense.

Jon

I have just spoken to the gentleman an CVRTpro and it would seem that a CVRT gearbox would be ideal.

Jon

Depends how fast you want to go. The other option is go hydraulic motors from an excavator. Much simpler but slow.

If Andy Baker can't sort you out for the right price, yet another option is to buy a Samaritan/Spartan sell off the wheels and tracks and anything else you don't need, takeout the running gear and weigh in the hull for scrap.

There's also a 432 just come on ebay for a fairly modest amount, at the moment. The Stug builders seem to use 432 running gear. Good power, lower speed compared to CVRT.

A mate of mine has the cvrt parts. I'll get a price off him. 

The guy in Poland is asking £25 each for the 60 links

my mate has come back to me with a price for the cvrt parts. he wants £1k for each final drive and £1750 for a gearbox with clutch