would anyone be able to help me in locating a Hawker Battery for my FFR Landrover, unable to afford new, so looking to buy a decent second hand battery. They seem a little bit like gold dust, I think I have been looking in the wrong places

Any help greatly appreciated

Steve

If you still have the old battery, this thread is worth reading:-

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?51084-Hawker-UK6TNMF-Batteries

I found the quote below on:-

http://forum.militarylightweight.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2654

"The Hawker UK6TNMF's dimensions have not changed since the original UK6TN spec was issued in '73/4". So a more modern battery maybe easier to find.

If you still have the old battery, this thread is worth reading:-

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?51084-Hawker-UK6TNMF-Batteries

I found the quote below on:-

http://forum.militarylightweight.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2654

"The Hawker UK6TNMF's dimensions have not changed since the original UK6TN spec was issued in '73/4". So a more modern battery maybe easier to find.

Thanks for this, I have 4 which I found in the battery storage

As said in the linked thread, try to recover them with a decent pulse charger such as PulseTech. If you use a conventional charger designed for wet lead acid batteries you'll kill them.

Andy

Sorry for you delay in getting back to everyone, got a tad busy, thank you for the posts . I have tried the pulse tech charger route, sadly to no avail, I think the batteries are truely dead, I am trying again but don't hold out much hope so still looking for replacements, if anyone has a live battery please get in contact. I am located in Sussex if that helps and more than willing to pick up within a reasonable distance.

Steve

Thanks for this, I have 4 which I found in the battery storage

Hi do you still have the batteries? If so, are you up for a sale, only really looking for one though

Steve

Steve

Yes at the moment, I do not know if they will charge as yet, they say they are about 20 years old found in the Land Rover

Not sure what I am going to do with them yet.

Richard

Hi All

Still seeking a battery, if anyone has one for sale (that holds a charge), please let me know.

Many thanks

Steve

Give this a crack...

The Baking Soda trick won't work with a Hawker - they're a sealed AGM battery, not a conventional flooded lead acid.

Andy

Those aren't Hawkers, just normal wet lead-acids.

Andy

Fooled by the description "Nato type 6NT" and now I've enlarged the image I can see the 6 caps.

Been recommended Varta J3's in place of the UK6TN/TNMF's - apparently have the same footprint.

Ok, a conventional Lead Acid Battery rather than AGM but obviously cheaper than dealing with Armasafe....

Fooled by the description "Nato type 6NT" and now I've enlarged the image I can see the 6 caps.

The original 6TN's were wet, 6 cap. I know of one company that (I think) still has them, dry stored but available filled.

Here is the original spec;

UK6TN spec.pdf

Bob

I enquired about it via a PM shortly after it was posted and never recieved a response.....