Narrow track sankey trailer

guykay

Hi all

just bought a narrow track sankey type trailer to tow behind my GS S3 lightweight landy.

Its been stored for years in a barn, but is in surprisingly good condition. Amazingly, when hitched up to the landy & plugged in to the trailer socket all the lights worked. What a bonus!!

Towed it 50 miles home no problems. However, the indicators flash a bit madly when in operation. Is this normal? Or should there be some additional flasher relay fitted? I sort of thought this would be all sorted as the trailer socket was fitted to the landy as standard.

Also any other issues I should look out for with these trailers?

Hi all

just bought a narrow track sankey type trailer to tow behind my GS S3 lightweight landy.

Its been stored for years in a barn, but is in surprisingly good condition. Amazingly, when hitched up to the landy & plugged in to the trailer socket all the lights worked. What a bonus!!

Towed it 50 miles home no problems. However, the indicators flash a bit madly when in operation. Is this normal? Or should there be some additional flasher relay fitted? I sort of thought this would be all sorted as the trailer socket was fitted to the landy as standard.

Also any other issues I should look out for with these trailers ?

That excellent you have acquired the narrow track Sankey. Sounds like the flasher relay problem, you can get an upgraded flasher relay unit from any car or caravan accessories shop or first check to see if one of the bulbs are out on either LWt or trailer. Secondly if someone presses brake pedal when hazards are flashing with trailer connected and a light goes dimmer then suspect a bad earth problem, if the latter happens clean earth connection to restore to normal. Hope this may help. Good luck with your new trailer sounds good.

Regards Ernest