Help please with Identification of British WWII Wheels. Tilly or 10 cwt type?

cordenj

I've recently acquired some WWII 10 cwt trailer parts, and including two unusual wheels. (Photos below)

They are fitted with old good condition 4.5x17 tyres.

The wheels look very similar to usual British Lightweight trailer wheels with 6 hole pattern....but have raised "buttons" and pressed dips which I think are for a hub cap of some type.

Any ideas on what they are from? Not Tilly because 6-stud?

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3842.jpg

I've found that the tyre size fits these cars and probably many more:

AUSTIN 8,

BSA Sports and Scout,

FORD 8hp, 10hp, Popular (Anglia),

MORRIS Eight,

Morgan 4/4,

VAUXHALL 10hp,

WOLSELEY 8

But would any of these have had this style 6-stud wheel?

I have seen these 6 stud wheels on a Civilian Morris van at a classic car show a few years ago. The studs are for a hub cap.

Thanks Robert. Yes,that makes sense for a light commercial to have 6-stud hubs. Something like this 1941 PO van:

download.jpeg

What about the red fire pump trailers with Coventry Climax pumps running behind the Austin aux fire service trucks?

I'm sure they were 6 stud, and that I had obtained a couple to replace identical tyres and rims but with 3 holes for an old 3 stud Benford dumper steering axle.

These rims must have been pressed out with 3,4,5 and 6 holes for so many applications!

Also used on slave battery starter trailers by RAF, but they might have been 3 stud.

What about the red fire pump trailers with Coventry Climax pumps running behind the Austin aux fire service trucks?

I'm sure they were 6 stud, and that I had obtained a couple to replace identical tyres and rims but with 3 holes for an old 3 stud Benford dumper steering axle.

These rims must have been pressed out with 3,4,5 and 6 holes for so many applications!

Also used on slave battery starter trailers by RAF, but they might have been 3 stud.

​They look similar rims but 3-stud on Coventry Climax Fire trailers