Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Okay here's where we are...I now have planning permission to store my collection on my land, I needed planning permission to do this, my own land my own stuff and I needed planning permission to store it..I truly wonder at the way this country is heading...

So now I can move all my stuff and its in one place...still cant erect any buildings to put them under cover but that is the next task...I am about to put in permission for change of use to a Museum, once thats done and the new entrance approved we will put in an application for the first stage of simple sheds to see what sort of interest I can generate for the museum...its getting very close... 

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 13.35.05.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yep its an incredibly arduous laborious expensive game very similar to the lottery the terms of chances of succeeding...but I have been doing this for many years and building it into a museum has been my plan for a very long time and no one in EHDC is going to stop me from trying...i am as they say nearly there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done on the progress. Hopefully things will speed up now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Well done on the progress. Hopefully things will speed up now.

Agreed, but knowing the system 3 steps forward 2 back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Surveyor said:

Agreed, but knowing the system 3 steps forward 2 back

Agreed, it certainly seems that way at times...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agricultural buildings  now subject to applications.

ISTR  it may be only within the  "curtilage" of your home  ,  sheds / garages only have some restrictions on height depending on type of roof - pitched / flat type slope.  So temporary construction such as timber - you can do as you like up to a max. floor area of 30 square metre. 

IIRC there is a stipulation of abt 15 ft distance from the house and obviously behind the  ' building line' facing a public highway.

"Curtilage" being a bit arguable for definition & if 30 square meter is not sufficient , there is no limit as such , you just build another detached shed/garage , then another, then another.

Actually , I think the same criteria applied with brick/stone/block type constructions provided they are within the curtilage.

I suppose unless you need 24/7 access (or worker access to livestock buildings) , you would have even more aggo. to build a house to obtain that all important curtilage.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2019 at 6:35 PM, Surveyor said:
On 3/1/2019 at 1:54 PM, ruxy said:

Agricultural buildings  now subject to applications.

ISTR  it may be only within the  "curtilage" of your home  ,  sheds / garages only have some restrictions on height depending on type of roof - pitched / flat type slope.  So temporary construction such as timber - you can do as you like up to a max. floor area of 30 square metre. 

IIRC there is a stipulation of abt 15 ft distance from the house and obviously behind the  ' building line' facing a public highway.

"Curtilage" being a bit arguable for definition & if 30 square meter is not sufficient , there is no limit as such , you just build another detached shed/garage , then another, then another.

Actually , I think the same criteria applied with brick/stone/block type constructions provided they are within the curtilage.

I suppose unless you need 24/7 access (or worker access to livestock buildings) , you would have even more aggo. to build a house to obtain that all important curtilage.

 

 

yes this one I use already,...

yes i use this one already...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...