Lightweight airborne 10 cwt trailer locker catch

Griffo

Hi all, I'm still in the process of gathering parts to restore my 10cwt stores trailer and I need some more locker door catches, I recently acquired 3 on eBay but I need a few more.

does anyone have any stashed away or know a person / location where there may be some?

regards

Dave

IMG_0561.jpg

Hi all, I'm still in the process of gathering parts to restore my 10cwt stores trailer and I need some more locker door catches, I recently acquired 3 on eBay but I need a few more.

does anyone have any stashed away or know a person / location where there may be some?

regards

Dave

Hi Dave glad somebody found a use for them, sorry there were only 3 mate. regards Ian

Hi Dave glad somebody found a use for them, sorry there were only 3 mate. regards Ian

I just need 5 more I think? I'm thinking of getting them made up on a 3D printer and then casting them out of pewter as a trial and then brass later?

thanks for listing them

I just need 5 more I think? I'm thinking of getting them made up on a 3D printer and then casting them out of pewter as a trial and then brass later?

thanks for listing them

Hi Dave

Don't use pewter they will break easily, I got mine cast for my binned stores trailer by White Eagle Foundries in Hailsham Sussex using an original as a pattern and cast in gun metal. Entirely successful but needed a lot of fettleing.

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob, thanks for the info. I have got a quote from a foundry in Bradford x 6 locks for £40 + vat in brass :cheesy:

Regards

Dave

Dave

Is that £40 each? if so that's brill , if £40 for the lot, FANTASTIC!!!

Post A photo of your trailer so I can see what model it is, they seem to run to 3 numbers and 2 marks each but info is scarce.

Rob

• 1 year later...

I haven't done much to the trailer since last time I posted, work and family commitments took priority!

i have some spare time this week and I'm hoping to sort the draw bar out this week and get a rolling chassis.

hey Richard do you have any spare bodywork for me to copy ??