Parts from the dark box

john1950

John I have searched for that, as others have no doubt tried, but come up with nothing.

I have found 91,524 items within that NSC & 176,137 Brackets none of them that share those two parameters that are British. Nor could I get any sense from items that included the manufacturer's number 33811.

Zooming in, as I neglected to do originally, it looks as if the NSN is actually 1095-99-2505-026 (rather than 1095-99-2503-021)

That gave a result as "Cancelled without replacement"

John I have searched for that, as others have no doubt tried, but come up with nothing.

I have found 91,524 items within that NSC & 176,137 Brackets none of them that share those two parameters that are British. Nor could I get any sense from items that included the manufacturer's number 33811.

Zooming in, as I neglected to do originally, it looks as if the NSN is actually 1095-99-2505-026 (rather than 1095-99-2503-021)

That gave a result as "Cancelled without replacement"

Thank you for trying, I could not distinguish 1 or 6. Regards John.

Clive, John, the NSN has been mistranscribed. I think it reads 3026 (not 5026) but on one label it's been written as 205 and on the other it's 250, so either -99-205-3026 or -99-250-3026.

On the ISO Group site 1095-99-250-3026 doesn't return a result but 1095-99-205-3026 does, and it crosses to MEXE C33811; though rather unhelpfully it's just called BRACKET ASSEMBLY which doesn't tell us more than the photo does!

Sean yes well untangled. I've run it through my system & confirms that but I note that it was used by New Zealand in addition to the UK.

With MEXEC33811 it is tempting to assume that is the Military Engineering Experimental Establishment, Christchurch & this represents a design pattern or drawing number in the same way as the FVRDE signified a design/drawing with the prefix FV.

Although a "bracket" it looks to me yes more like clamp. Given the DMC of W8 & the NSC 1095 the only thing that seems to fit for both is for mounting some "weapon" to a Wheelbarrow such as Pigstick or shotgun. I have the EMERs for Mk7 & AESPs for Mk8 with the ISPLs for both but can't for the life of me find any of them at the moment.

Although a "bracket" it looks to me yes more like clamp. Given the DMC of W8 & the NSC 1095 the only thing that seems to fit for both is for mounting some "weapon" to a Wheelbarrow such as Pigstick or shotgun. I have the EMERs for Mk7 & AESPs for Mk8 with the ISPLs for both but can't for the life of me find any of them at the moment.

The phrase Never give up comes to mind. John.