Which implies capacitive. Now what would you want a 1000V capacitor for?

Lauren don't read too much into that, it was just to indicate this device itself has no windings. Of course there is some capacitance between the central electrode and the case.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

De icing

Wally nope not that sort of thing.

(Sorry for my slow responses been using a phone from the Shorland at a show. Not a great attendance 3 Jeeps, 3 bicycles & a para bike. Lot of classic cars sadly most just cleared off at 2pm, as usual the MVs stayed the longest)

I'm with Lauren on that, possibly attached to the V2 rocket?

Or, you being sneacky, is it used to earth a load from a helicopter? After all the German's did have some operational aircraft in WW2, and film exists of underslung loads.

None of those sort of things Tony.

Clive,

I recall you saying the thread size was about half an inch, that being so, I doubt there is a high voltage going through this item as cables would hardly be large enough. The 1000v seems a red herring. Something to do with ground power units to aircraft?

Not fishy at all Richard, such a lowish voltage of 1000v was what drew me to this item, although it has been used with 3000v. Very much an up in the air issue rather than at ground level.

Connected to electro-magnetic field, degaussing in aircraft laying anti magnetic mines? Or experiments with EM in flying machines?

Getting a bit too deep with ideas Richard. It was a cunning system to overcome certain problems at such an altitude, rather than a warfare issue.