D-day maps

martylee

My father turned another year so it was time to find a birthday present for him. Looking back at what I have bought for him the later years it's hard to find something clever to buy. Last year it was an Oshkosh caps that he uses a lot and a army manual "how to install radio equipment into the wc51". Of course I do most of my shopping at the net. I rediscovered an old link that I've saved. Might have been found on this forum or elsewhere. Anyway there's this company that have poster and maps from the D-day. Well, I ended up buying a few photos for him. Even though I don't believe they will appear on any walls at their home, it was real intresting to watch these poster. I especially like one the one with the mulberry Harbour.

http://www.xyzmaps.com/acatalog/D-Day_Photo_Posters.html

Thanks to whoever showed me this one.

Marty

Hi Guys, my dad was captain of an LCT on D day and landed the Americans at Omaha beach. My brother still has the original Top secret operation Overlord signal and the original maps of the landings, if anyone wants copies I am sure something can be sorted out.

Dave

Hi Guys, my dad was captain of an LCT on D day and landed the Americans at Omaha beach. My brother still has the original Top secret operation Overlord signal and the original maps of the landings, if anyone wants copies I am sure something can be sorted out.

Dave

Hi Dave, deffo interested if you can do copies of landing maps...........

many thanks.

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

I have spoken to him and he has agreed to let me have them to copy but hey are in Oxford and he is reluctant to post them (understandably) parents will be going up sometime and then I can sort something out. Does anyone have access to a good quality colour copier??

• 2 weeks later...