op Bolero photos

bagman

Thanks, I have nearly 5 GBs of photos of the three days I was there. On Saturday I was busy making the 1st OP Bo CD for sale on the Sunday so I missed 'Janie'. Will add some more later. I also do graphic art work so I'll art a few up and post them . Any one who wants photos printed at 18 x 12 inches on acid free Striling Rag fine art paper using pigment inks email me on

alan@graphicbikeart.com

I'll sent a montage that I have made of some of the photos later.

Alan

Steve,

Yes super show and got some great pixs. Will post some later on. For the old photo fans I have made this from some of the 101st guys and 42nd Field

hospital who were at Duxford. RAF ones to follow. Got some great fighter plane action as well.

Alan

Steve

The Bearcat photo was taken using the following

Shutter speed 1/800

Lens Apeture F/10

ISO 400

Exposure normal

The B-25

Shutter speed 1/1000

Lens Ap F/11

ISO 400

Exposure Normal

Higher the ISO the more grainy the final print. Dull days I do increase the ISO

I never use sports mode.

I normally shoot in P mode (programe AE) on my Canon 350D for flying shots.

I also set to large file as well and I use Sandisk Extreme IV 4gb Pro cards

I like your photos great stuff. I have got some nice ones of the F-15 you can see a vortex above the wings.

Alan

I'm still experimenting with the settings as I've only had the DSLR a year and only recently have I been to flying displays with good light.

Most of my pics are taken with a Nikon 70-300mm lens:-

ISO 400

Shutter 1/400

Auto Exposure

Exposure Comp +0.7

Spot Metering

Steve

They look really good and you are getting some great close ups with the 70-300.

If you can get a 100-400 it will give you a bit more reach but at 300 on the 400 the shots will be clearer than a 300 at full bore. Most aircraft photographers use the 100x 400

I may even try a x2 converter to double the lens to 200-800!! This would be super for wild life and aircraft that are way out there!

You can go 140 x 600 with your Nikon without loss of quality. It's cheaper than buying a new lens. But hey, your turning out top notch shots with 300!

Keep them coming

Alan

Cheers. I was thinking about a x2 converter, but wondered if it would cut the light level too much. I used to have one on my 35mm SLR using a 135mm lens, with app wide open but the shutter speed sometimes stopped all the propellers.

I have been thinking of a new lens, and wondered about a 400mm. Not sure as non-pro whether I can really justify image-stab lenses!!

Steve

Worth every penny IS lens ....The non-IS are ok, but that one shot that would make the million gets ruined due to blur is a bummer.

They are going down all the time and 2nd hand market is good

Check out reviews on converter for your lens via Google

Here's one of the F-15 vortex shots

Alan