Hot Rodded Ferret!!

Nick Johns

Call me cynical but just speed the film up a bit and dub the sound over it. Soft shocks and big tyres with not much pressure in them will give you a nice bounce and take a run up for the camera, it can't be doing much more than about 40 mph at most.

I'm not an expert but will a V8 fit into a Ferret engine bay ? :nut:

Even more interesting than the marketing video is their "behind the scenes" video:

I think they retained the gearbox/transfer case and driveline. I wonder how they will fare with the new engine and how durable it will all be. I did not see which LS version engine they used, but even if they used the LSA engine that's in my Cadillac CTSV, it is a 556 HP, 6.2L supercharged monster. And they possibly could have used something more potent, with 600++ HP. Will the engine last? Will the driveline?

Another interesting thing is that at roughly 2:33 into the video, it looks like their driver (professional offroad racer) is using the GCP as a clutch:nut:.

I bet Toyo easily spent $150K on this video (design/build, video crew, flights, etc). I have not seen this ad in the USA, but their youtube post is less than a month old.

Edited by datadawg