PITT24423

Great Dorset Steam Fair

Any one going,got my pass through today for the Daimler unfortunately can't drive it as its just not finished :cry: Hopefully see some of you there.

DSC_0443.jpg

For a moment after my last post I thought I was the only one interested ! Should be about 13 to 16 lorries there :wow:.

DSC_0444.jpg

Just got back from a day there. Very impressive WW1 lineup. Great to see your CB Duncan. Looked fantastic. Had a ride in the Saurer and took the AEC Y Type for a drive up the hill and back (thanks Seb for trusting me not to wreck it). Lots of interesting things to see and great to meet so many old friends. Will post some photos on my machine when I get home.

Tim

Please post as many pictures as you can, I can't make it down to the show but having seen 6 WW1 trucks together at our shows I look forward to seeing shots of 10+ trucks together.

Cheers Steve

Wow, who owns the Holt Tractor? I'd love to see one of those up close. Is it a visitor or is it in the UK permanently?

Wow, who owns the Holt Tractor? I'd love to see one of those up close. Is it a visitor or is it in the UK permanently?

It is owned by Ron Harris and driven by Sam. It is up for sale if you would like to buy it? Over £100,000 I think.

Tim

Had a great time at the GDSF and was very impressed with the WW1 display. Had difficulty taking photos though. Too many distractions, poor light, dust and lots of MOPS getting in the way, but here are a few photos.

IMG_1526_zpsrnbprmwp.jpg

IMG_1528_zpspzfm1hhf.jpg

The Garrison brought this T:

IMG_1517_zpsftyknilw.jpg

IMG_1488_zpsplnz2msf.jpg

I really enjoyed driving Sebs AEC Y Type. Very trusting of him to let me have a go with my reputation of damaging other peoples vehicles. Very fast and powerful machine.

IMG_1489_zpsme8tjwqw.jpg

Interesting to see Les Warrens old Dennis which is now in WD green. Looks a lot nicer than before.

IMG_1494_zpsvdhdk8jy.jpg

IMG_1497_zps70oyppvc.jpg

Duncans super Daimler CB

IMG_1514_zpswpsfqqer.jpg

IMG_1525_zpsspq8k8cc.jpg

Ian’s Model T looked the part:

IMG_1524_zpsxvype4au.jpg

Harley Model J I think

IMG_1519_zpsuufyniv4.jpg

One of two Thornycroft J’s brought by John:

IMG_1521_zpsdupd0xzm.jpg

Rowleys GMC ambulance repair truck with body under construction:

IMG_1522_zpslbt1imox.jpg

IMG_1520_zpsfm5bau1u.jpg

Gigantic:

IMG_1507_zpseszrizfn.jpg

Foden:

IMG_1510_zpsjqxfyjzp.jpg

Pauls Nash Quad with gearbox receiving attention:

IMG_1516_zpsfryaqznv.jpg

Halley:

IMG_1487_zpskumzmk5z.jpg

Saurer:

IMG_1474_zps7wjxiabv.jpg

GS wagon:

IMG_1477_zpsoz4qiamu.jpg

It is owned by Ron Harris and driven by Sam. It is up for sale if you would like to buy it? Over £100,000 I think.

Tim

Wow, I'd love to but not sure a check down the back of the sofa will yield that much.

Just been told by my daughter 16 more sleeps and its back to the trenches !!!!! :cool2: