GPW 12v Starter motor housing

gazzaw

Hi

Looking for a front housing/casing for a 12v Starter for my GPW (converted from 6V) as photos, or any info where I might obtain one as desperate to get it fixed before an upcoming show.....Help....l.

Gary

20160804_203052_resized.jpg

20160804_200445_resized.jpg

20160804_203040_resized.jpg

Hi

Looking for a front housing/casing for a 12v Starter for my GPW (converted from 6V) as photos, or any info where I might obtain one as desperate to get it fixed before an upcoming show.....Help....l.

Gary

[ATTACH=CONFIG]117638[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]117639[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]117640[/ATTACH]

hows the rest of the unit? If it's tired, it may be worth buying one of the new 12v starters available through any of the dealers.

any ideas why it broke? Does it have the rear bracket that is often missing?

Thanks Guys got a couple of options and perhaps one or two to choose from now. Re rear bracket this is missing so will have to add this when I reattach it to engine. The inners are quite good and has new brushes etc.

Gary

It sounds like to much torque has been applied to the front housing because the rear wasn't supported. Hopefully with a bracket installed on the rear, it shouldn't happen again.

I would be a little bit suss that the lower flange bolt was loose/missing as well.

As you've said Chris the rear support bracket needs to be in place with both front flange bolts and the three fixings points drawn up equally spanner tight.

Pete