Ford blitz

Blitzlar

Good afternoon people of the mvt world,we have recently received delivery of our new perches,it's a Ford blitz or what remains of it rather, I am needing a few bits of tin work does any one out there have any?

Also I gather from what I can find these were built between 1942 -1944 ish? How can I work the rough date with out a serial number

Ttfn lars

Good afternoon people of the mvt world,we have recently received delivery of our new perches,it's a Ford blitz or what remains of it rather, I am needing a few bits of tin work does any one out there have any?

Also I gather from what I can find these were built between 1942 -1944 ish? How can I work the rough date with out a serial number

Ttfn lars

Hi Lars,

I am guessing from you calling the Ford a Blitz that you are in either Australia or NZ. Letting people know where you are will help you locate the parts needed. I know the Australian MV scene and there is still a lot of Blitz stuff around and many collectors will gather anything useful rather than let the scrappies have it.

By the way, welcome to the forum!

regards, Richard

No I think they have rotted off,and they have had some custom front panels made up,there not to clever!! The engine is a industrial ford 4 d (fordson major) which I will leave in,could really do with a good second hand front section,what foes cmp stand for?

Edited by Blitzlar

No I think they have rotted off,and they have had some custom front panels made up,there not to clever!! The engine is a industrial ford 4 d (fordson major) which I will leave in,could really do with a good second hand front section,what foes cmp stand for?

CMP: Canadian Military Pattern There were both Ford and Chevrolet versions