Matador and american army box trailer

marlaw

I have a Matador for sale. Has the 7.7 engine. Everything (mechanical) is in working order but needs a good service. Starts well, builds up air, winch works. Been sitting a bit long and the cab frame needs attention. Cab previously rebuilt in ally, which is all good and should keep costs/effort reasonable. Doors need rebuild but have all parts needed, glass, hinges, winder mechanisms. The body (not at all original) needs taking off and throwing away. Comes with winching skid pans. Presently on temporary tank as original tank too dirty and has a small leak. Does not come with batteries (have borrowed some for the sale).

1950s american army drawbar box trailer, box about 20ft. Super high ground clearance, coil spring suspension, will go anywhere (ish) the Matador can go. Sides and roof in thick double skinned ally, totally rigid, solid as a rock. Air over hydraulic brakes, (needs a good service, I have a spare servo). Was fitted for living, but the weather has got in and destroyed the interior but this has not affected the structure. Looking very green at the moment, and the patchy bits in the photo are where I was getting too fussy and trying to smooth out every little dent before painting which I never got round to doing.

I've owned them since 1990.

Would be a good restoration project for someone that should require time and effort rather than massive expense.

Am looking for a quick sale so only £5000 the lot, the pair match very well but will split, however for obvious reasons would like to see the trailer gone first.

Swan neck rigid towing bar also for sale £150.

Also have spare gearbox for the Matador £150.

Situated near west Swindon.

Call Mark 07835920422

GEDC0104.JPG

GEDC0108.jpg

GEDC0111.JPG

GEDC0112.JPG

GEDC0113.JPG

GEDC0114.jpg

GEDC0115.JPG

GEDC0116.JPG