Land Rover Wolf Electrical Problem?

Charlie

Hi all,

It seems the Wolf had developed an electrical fault and I just wanted to pick everyone's brains. It started about a week ago and at the moment runs and drives fine. Standard 24V system, not fitted for radio and not modified.

First symptom was the red battery warning light on the dash started to glow very slightly on tickover. It extinguishes itself with the very slightest of revs.

Secondly the temp gauge rises as normal but does not stop halfway but goes almost all the way to the red after 5 miles. If any electrics are used in the vehicle, heater, headlights, indicators, brake lights etc.. the temp gauge goes straight into the red all the way to the limit. On turning off said electrical it returns to just below the red.

I'm guessing that there is a short somewhere? Any ideas?

Cheers, Charlie

You can easily test the earth on the engine, just clamp a jump lead onto the engine and then clamp the other end to the negative on the battery, then check of your fault goes away.

I had a few similar issues with my Wolf when I first got it from Withams, turned out to be a faulty temperature send and faulty oil pressure switch.