Job Offer.

paulob1

Hi Guys here is the position again, apparently we had a complaint that I was asking for a man only, I didn't think I was but there is always one who will point out that it was not clear and there is a comment where I mention a single man, I should have said single person...

so here we go again...

this job is open to anyone no matter their sex, religion, creed, age, colour, size, or any other criteria, if you can do the job you will be considered.

Hi guys I am looking for someone to help me with the collection. it is a full time job, pay is not bad Duties include the following.

restoring trucks, tanks, cars, tractors, engines, buildings, containers, maybe dealing with visitors, helping with fencing and keeping the place tidy, spraying, painting, managing the team of voluntary workers once we get a few. would definitely suit a single person with permanent accommodation available, as the accommodation is not suitable for a family, but even this could be adapted.

you would need to be able to drive everything ideally but courses will be supplied if you do not have your C+E etc.

JCB skills a bonus, crane driving a bonus but courses will be added to your skills.

it is an extremely varied job and will include getting involved in maintenance work on multiple sites. Trips abroad from time to time to collect machines and parts.

This is an immediate opening

Edited by paulob1

Would love to apply Paul - but I think the C+E requirement on publc roads kills it for me. Best of luck in finding a bod. :-)

Hi Guys here is the position again, apparently we had a complaint that I was asking for a man only, I didn't think I was but there is always one who will point out that it was not clear and there is a comment where I mention a single man, I should have said single person...

so here we go again...

this job is open to anyone no matter their sex, religion, creed, age, colour, size, or any other criteria, if you can do the job you will be considered.

Hi guys I am looking for someone to help me with the collection. it is a full time job, pay is not bad Duties include the following.

restoring trucks, tanks, cars, tractors, engines, buildings, containers, maybe dealing with visitors, helping with fencing and keeping the place tidy, spraying, painting, managing the team of voluntary workers once we get a few. would definitely suit a single person with permanent accommodation available, as the accommodation is not suitable for a family, but even this could be adapted.

you would need to be able to drive everything ideally but courses will be supplied if you do not have your C+E etc.

JCB skills a bonus, crane driving a bonus but courses will be added to your skills.

it is an extremely varied job and will include getting involved in maintenance work on multiple sites. Trips abroad from time to time to collect machines and parts.

This is an immediate opening

What a cracking job i would jump at the chance if it was up north hopefully you will get someone with a passion, having spent 20 years in the REME reserves working on all types of kit and having C+E 60 ton crane, hiab, etc.

Hope you get the right person as i say again what a fantastic job offer good luck.

I am in Mablethorpe, that makes the distance a issue. Got my C licence on a Dutch drivers licence ( no points)

And I am studying to become a welder. If the pay is good I can get my swb landy on lpg or get my 101fc as camper unit and go home in the weekends.

Hi again paul if i think you offered to pick a stolly up for me from corfe castle, i dont work anymore neck injury back in iraq, but i still manage, just going to say if you need a hand with anything i,d be willing to come down and give you a hand my missis is ex reg and she would be ok with that me staying over for a weekend or two where abouts are you.

Always like to help out if i can.

Hi again paul if i think you offered to pick a stolly up for me from corfe castle, i dont work anymore neck injury back in iraq, but i still manage, just going to say if you need a hand with anything i,d be willing to come down and give you a hand my missis is ex reg and she would be ok with that me staying over for a weekend or two where abouts are you.

Always like to help out if i can.

pm sent

I am in Mablethorpe, that makes the distance a issue. Got my C licence on a Dutch drivers licence ( no points)

And I am studying to become a welder. If the pay is good I can get my swb landy on lpg or get my 101fc as camper unit and go home in the weekends.

pm sent

• 3 weeks later...
Good luck with the museum, who knows I may be able to visit it one day.

1st May 2017, first trial opening day, we have re-enacters booked and gun displays booked, a small arena will be open and there will be a few stalls selling goods, as well as a number of people coming with their special toys to show them to the public...the arena will have three hills, 1 is easy, 2. is hard and scary and 3 is dangerous do it at your own risk of death...no insurance given. there will be a splash pool and maybe a very small floatation pool...not sure if that is doable at the moment but we are looking into it...

hope to have a few people come buts its the first day and the first event so if i can get maybe a 100 people show up it will be great...

it will be 'the cold war museum day... but all vehicles from any era welcome..

I dont know really, I guess I have to way up the cost of people coming and the fact that they will attract more visitors so i was not thinking of charging exhibitors at all..what do people think...

any money goes to the museum.

..its just my passion..i want to retire running the museum researching the cold war and writing books about it...and other books...

Hi,seems like so your plans are coming together if it's a full weekend I will do my best to attend could you give us a location or postcode so I can work out logistics etc, I know :D it's a long time till next may but if I want days off I have to book them as soon as our new holiday year starts in October so have to start planning early.

Thanks Simon

• 3 weeks later...

so far three people have moved beyond first contact, two interviews, one no go, he felt it was too much for him, and one now considering the position after first interview.

one still thinking about it and not progressed to interview.

but the job is still basically open and no official offer has been made. so if anyone else is interested let me know.

Hi there,

First I would like to wish you the best of luck with the museum, always nice to see new ones starting out.

Secondly I wondered if you would be interested in some volunteer labor. I have some experience working on military vehicles and am a dab hand at making tea.

Hi there,

First I would like to wish you the best of luck with the museum, always nice to see new ones starting out.

Secondly I wondered if you would be interested in some volunteer labor. I have some experience working on military vehicles and am a dab hand at making tea.

If this is the Dan I know he makes great tea

Al

Dan any help is great, i have so much to do it is endless, i have just managed to get my temporary web site up and that is good news, facebook is working but so far i have a pretty empty field and one or two machiens awaiting the building of rthe museum. its a log hard slog.

pm me and lets get together..mines white without sugar, by the way I too make the tea...

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

hey everyone just an update, loads of interest and am hoping that over the next few weeks we will have our permanent resident Restoration Engineer on board. I am hopeful that we have at least 2-3 potential volunteers and maybe one or two more who seem to be interested. I am slowly getting the museum ready, digging in power and water and drains for toilets etc etc...its all go..