M101A2 American Trailer

Rangie

Hi Folks,

Going on a southern adventure to the Midlands/bit further next week, wondering if there are any M101A2 trailers on the go that I could either look at to get a real idea of the makeup of them or potentially, maybe, possibly, purchase? :cool2:

Any info gratefully received, thanks.

Alec.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, after a bit of research I'm definitely looking for one :D

There are two types, one with heavy-duty 5-stud axles designed for behind trucks and lighter duty surge-braked (hydraulic overrun) 8-stud axles.

Please PM if you know of an M101A2 with 8-stud hubs available. :)

Alec.

Well, after a bit of research I'm definitely looking for one :D

There are two types, one with heavy-duty 5-stud axles designed for behind trucks and lighter duty surge-braked (hydraulic overrun) 8-stud axles.

Please PM if you know of an M101A2 with 8-stud hubs available. :)

Alec.

Alec,

FYI they are identical trailers other than the plain old M101 has different brakes and hubs and only has the twin handbrakes. Body, chassis, axle, suspension etc are identical, as is rated capacity of 3/4 ton. The 5-stud wheels are as per Dodge M37, which is what they were designed to go behind. The 8-stud wheels match the Dodge M880, CUCV Blazer etc. which were some of their designated tow vehicles.

You may be confusing the M101 series with the larger air-braked M105 series which was designed to be towed behind M35s. This is a much bigger trailer with a 1.5 ton load capacity.

- MG

they are identical trailers other than the plain old M101 has different brakes and hubs and only has the twin handbrakes. Body, chassis, axle, suspension etc are identical, as is rated capacity of 3/4 ton. The 5-stud wheels are as per Dodge M37, which is what they were designed to go behind. The 8-stud wheels match the Dodge M880, CUCV Blazer etc. which were some of their designated tow vehicles.

Hi Mike, that is correct.

Regards,

Alec.