Master Cylinder for MW

AndyB

Looking for a BEDFORD MW master cylinder?

Andy

Hi Andy

Is yours US ? or do you need another . Reason I ask, I sent mine away and had it resleeved with S/Steel and new piston etc ..................http://www.pastparts.co.uk/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4

I think Mike Shackleton had one a while back that needed a refurb .

Dave

Edited by Davey089

Dave,

Mine is U/S. Had it re-sleeved but it still has the same problem, even changed the seals again !

To work the brakes I need to apply foot pressure twice, the first is to pump up the pedal then it will work (remains solid as long as pressed). It would appear that the first pump acts as a shuffle to get the rear piston (front brakes) to work ? Once released it loses pressure, all pipe work has been checked over and there is no loss of fluid. So thought the best solution is to replace, even one requiring a referb would be acceptable ?

Andy

Dave,

Mine is U/S. Had it re-sleeved but it still has the same problem, even changed the seals again !

To work the brakes I need to apply foot pressure twice, the first is to pump up the pedal then it will work (remains solid as long as pressed). It would appear that the first pump acts as a shuffle to get the rear piston (front brakes) to work ? Once released it loses pressure, all pipe work has been checked over and there is no loss of fluid. So thought the best solution is to replace, even one requiring a referb would be acceptable ?

Andy

Ah right ,did you have it done by the lads at the link above ? They did mine ,we fitted it all up with the refurbed cylinders and all seems ok , I'll find out better when I get it actually on the road and drive it in anger :) . The pedal on mine seems normal but I'll watch out for that .

I'm sure Mike had one .

Dave

Edited by Davey089

Dave,

Was able to get an exchange item from Chris Mortor, hope that resolves the problem.

Trevor,

Will add looking at the pedal adjustment when I come to fit the cylinder.

Many thanks

Andy

Dave,

Was able to get an exchange item from Chris Mortor, hope that resolves the problem.

Trevor,

Will add looking at the pedal adjustment when I come to fit the cylinder.

Many thanks

Andy

good stuff

Dave