Dunkirk film vehicles

Smithy

Considering the comment by the director or producer in the newspaper web link on the making of the film, regarding accuracy, there are a number of bloomers in the vehicles. No MW with full windscreen would have been at Dunkirk and there are some strange bodied Austins, Bedfords and WOT2 with distinctive French bodywork styling. The Morris Commercial LC looks authentic though. Were owners in UK approached about this film are is it all French owner vehicles?

The cardboard cut outs are the most authentic ones !

regards, Richard

. Were owners in UK approached about this film are is it all French owner vehicles?

The cardboard cut outs are the most authentic ones !

regards, Richard

Richard , I got a letter from somebody in France asking for my2 Aeroscreen Bedfords and AEC (anyway has to be a rounded cab one which I don`t have ) , and gave him the price for transport 3oo km each way , plus petrol for on the set , and didn`t even talk about taking leave myself , and the reply was : Euhm , but then I can`t make any profit !

So the prop guys want to make double fees over the vehicle owners without doing something themselves.

For UK based vehicles , maybe the Ferry is already too much .

The strange looks Austin looks like modified civilian K3 or K4.

This Austin was a long time for sale in France , looks like a K3 that have been modified for animal transport.

Think they just painted them in green, the same for the Fordson.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Richard

There are five British Mvs on the movie my two oys and my Katy plus a mk 1 carrier and a morris six wheeler the rest are from the continent and look dubious

Cheers Alec

Hello Richard

There are five British Mvs on the movie my two oys and my Katy plus a mk 1 carrier and a morris six wheeler the rest are from the continent and look dubious

Cheers Alec

Hi Alec,

Good to hear you are involved. When the photos of the vehicles came up initially, it was only of the dubious continental ones, now I hear that Tobin and you have brought some quality to the film set, that is good, just hope yours are in front of the local ones!

cheers Richard

Noticed a good link off Facebook for the new Dunkirk movie which is being made currently and there are some good shots of some of the vehicles being used.

For those that aren't on FB here are some pictures courtesy of DidierH@u Photos

Those two Forward Control 6x4 lorries on eight photo from above (I seem, these are Leyland Retrievers - gantry and general service versions) plus Austin two axle lorry look like they are painted on pieces of plywood. Or those are real trucks ?

Hello Richard

Cheers Alec

Alec, did they tell you exactly what they were going to do with the Katy ?

13482850_1055342867835796_1152640547529070033_o_zpsy9pdu5qs.jpg