Military World

paulob1

It looks like the Hop Farm lot are heading into competition with the War and Peace show.

http://www.militaryworldshow.com/exhibitors

anyone going...

Definitely not, I will going to Combined Ops event at Headcorn aerodrome on that weekend.

http://www.headcornevents.co.uk/downloads/Vehicle%20Entry%20Form.pdf

Edited by Richard Farrant

It looks like the Hop Farm lot are heading into competition with the War and Peace show.

http://www.militaryworldshow.com/exhibitors

anyone going...

Military World show was announced back in march, its a private organisation of MV enthusiasts running it, who are renting part of the Hop farm, and yes seems plenty are going to it, and its a free entry

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?52937-New-MV-event-at-Hop-Farm&p=463361#post463361

Edited by Nick Johns

I'm trying the Hop Farm show! Need a fresh show to enjoy, hoping it's an old fashioned fun one! Some of the shows are the same every year and for families are too boring or unsafe

hmm explain, this is a really tough mix, too boring or unsafe...very interesting comment...

As Richard says, this new show ćlashes with the IMPS flagship show, Combined Ops at Headcorn, about 15 miles from the Hop Farm. The Military World show is organised by the chap who organised the Combined Ops show until early this year, when he resigned due to some sort of a management bust up. Now, irrespective of the rights and wrongs that led to the bust up, it seems to me that setting up a new show on the same dates a few miles away is not in the best interests of MV enthusiasts. I am sticking with Headcorn as I am an IMPS member and it has always been a great friendly family show that deserves ongoing support. I would have quite liked to have tried the new event at the Hop Farm as well......a pity.

As Richard says, this new show ćlashes with the IMPS flagship show, Combined Ops, I am sticking with Headcorn as I am an IMPS member and it has always been a great friendly family show that deserves ongoing support. I would have quite liked to have tried the new event at the Hop Farm as well......a pity.

It would appear "Combined Ops" is no longer an Imps event as they have handed over the entire running/organisation of the show to "Headcorn Special Events", the Headcorn airfield owners.

Edited by Nick Johns

It would appear "Combined Ops" is no longer an Imps event as they have handed over the entire running/organisation of the show to "Headcorn Special Events", the Headcorn airfield owners.

The way I look at it is it Combined Ops is still very much the IMPS club event and members get free entry, but the club does not have the financial outlay or risk if weather, etc. causes problems. A nice site with plenty going on and very sociable. No doubt many members will still be helping marshal the event as well.

See you there Ferg !

regards, Richard

I will be supporting Headcorn as usual, as I want that show to continue and flourish. I may well jump in a vehicle and go to Beltring for a couple of hours over the weekend to see what is going on and then make an informed decision next year. Although I would hope that they do not clash next year if at all possible.

Any one who is willing to organise any military show has got to be applauded for their hard work and financial outlay.

Interestingly, I just received an emailed promo for the Military World show which makes me wonder how they got my email address. But not for long. As I said, its a shame for the MV enthusiast.

Same here, could only have got it by having copied the IMPS members details.

its sad all the bitchy remarks so what about emails headcorn is not a imps show any more nor is war and peace or miltary world you can get into all three shows as imps members if you like a show go if you do not do not go go in the end it will be all about cost and profit as thats the way shows have to go i went to the first show at the hop farm as imps ans saw how big that got the first show at headcorn very good show that grew i wish all shows the best of luck and i will go to ones i like they may be not be your choice but i will not slag another person show. as a lot of hard work has gone into all these shows

i wish all shows the best of luck and i will go to ones i like they may be not be your choice but i will not slag another person show. as a lot of hard work has gone into all these shows

Well said Sir.

I will start by pointing out I have no axe to grind, and unfortunately due to personal circumstances will not be attending either show.

there was a lot of discussion the first time this 'clash' surfaced on the forum and the tone of some of the postings then as now were disappointing.

i do not want to stoke the fires so will restrict myself to a couple of points.

1. Email addresses are sensitive things, people are entitled to wish to protect their email addresses and consequently express concern if they feel their email has been misappropriated.

2. whatever the background I was surprised that, when first announced, the dates clashed. As others have pointed out there are only a limited amount of shows each year, and even fewer where people could easily travel with their vehicles due to their proximity. As a result I cannot see that it is in the best interest of the organisers, or their supporters and the wider public for two such significant events so to clash.

however I recognise it is a free world and I wish both a successful event.

Julian

Julian, I agree, and I cannot see that any if the remarks are at all "bitchy". People should actually read what folk post rather than make it up in their heads as they go along. It is precisely the point that these two events clash.......surely needlessly? Military World has chosen these dates and make of that what you will. But to paraphrase Julian, this clash is certainly not in the interests of anyone in any practical sense.

I understand people get up set about emails address being used as for the dates as there was not going to be a show at combine ops this year as they had no one to run it having read emails sent to Dave king from the board imps asking him to put a show on he has as for the dates there was not gong to be a show at head corn so they would not clash as I've said go to which show you like and have a. Good time and good luck to both shows