MiketheBike

Ferret ball pin seals

Would anyone know where I can get ball pin seals for the steering rods, or replacement ball pins with seals?

Tried banisters but he does not have them.

cheers

mick

Looked at boots today and don't think it will work.

anyone any idea of who would stock correct seals or complete joints, or suggest an alternative?

cheers

mick

Hi robin,

it's these seals on the ball joints, the one on the left of the vehicle is fine, but will replace both if possible

image.jpg

image.jpg

Are the seals supposed to look something like you would have on the suspension ball joints on an old Mini?

trevor

Does anyone know of another source for Ferret parts? I have tried Banister and Marcus Glenn. I know there is a guy somewhere down south that is a good source but cannot remember his name.

Thanks Chris, I did look at that website and they appear to have the ball listed but not the seal etc.

i will give them a call tomorrow.

have you ever replaced the seals? There must be something standard off the shelf that would do the job?

mick

I finally sourced the rubbers, well actually Graham at www.makanosurplus.co.uk went above and beyond to get them from one of his sources!!!

my next question is, when putting them back together, do I just snug the castelated nut at the bottom line f the ball pin up tight, or does anyone recommend a torque setting for it? I cannot find anything specific in any of my manuals.

thanks,

mick

image.jpg

Edited by MiketheBike