Replica Vickers K gun, what are my options?

sas pinkie

Looking for a replica K gun for my airborne jeep.

I have seen Military Muckabouts do them but also seen bad reviews of their GPMG's. Any one have one of their K guns?

Ww2 fabrications do one, but no idea what they are like, anyone else any experience?

Relics do a wooden one but I don't really want a wooden one.

Any others? I know you can get the plans but I dont have the skill to put one together.

Or has anyone got one for sale? All feedback and thoughts envied.

You need to be sure, when making or obtaining a Realistic Imitation Firearm (RIF), that you have a valid defence for doing so under the VCR Act.

This has been discussed at length elsewhere on here.

In my opinion owning a military vehicle and/or belonging to a military vehicle club, association or society is NOT a valid defence.

Others on here feel differently.

But it is as well to remember that it will be you who will be doing a spell in chokey if you get it wrong - and not them! :embarrassed:

It pays to give the Act and the specific defences it sets out a careful read and to ensure that you are compliant before you obtain a RIF of any kind for any reason.

Really?

I had the misfortune to purchase a Military Muckabouts GPMG they mentioned the above act and I mentioned my military vehicle and sent a cheque, the 'gun' arrived.

I bought both a replica Sten and Thompson at Malvern, for which I had to give my address no mention of what military vehicle it was for.

The only problem you would have with a replica is if you go around sticking it in other peoples' faces, all that is required is a bit of common sense.

The only problem you would have with a replica is if you go around sticking it in other peoples' faces, all that is required is a bit of common sense.

Um, no. What's required, I would suggest, is understanding where you stand in law.

If you buy a RIF without a valid defence under the VCR Act - regardless of what you intend to do with it and/or then do do with it - you are breaking the law.

Both you, and the folk who sold you these RIFs, may well have committed an offence. Many dealers seem to take a 'don't ask and take the money' approach. Which doesn't make it lawful. It is both your - and their -risk.

And as I've said on here before - posting in black and white about how you bought a RIF and no-one gave a hoot about the VCR Act - is probably not very sensible.

Anyway, it's your funeral - I don't suppose the gentleman asking about replica Vickers K's wants his thread hijacked by yet another endless debate about how the VCR Act 'doesn't apply to me because I'm special'!

In my opinion owning a military vehicle and/or belonging to a military vehicle club, association or society is NOT a valid defence.

Belonging to a Living History Association is considered to be a valid reason for having a Section 1 firearm... so, I'd assume that this implies it is also a valid reason for having a Realistic Imitation Firearm.

My assumption - not based on factual evidence.

• Like 1

Belonging to a Living History Association is considered to be a valid reason for having a Section 1 firearm... so, I'd assume that this implies it is also a valid reason for having a Realistic Imitation Firearm.

My assumption - not based on factual evidence.

As a rule I'd say it's unwise to make assumptions where firearms law is concerned.

However, in this case you'd be correct - as a member of a recognised living history/reenactment group you may well have a valid defence under the VCR Act.