Ferret spin on oil filter adapter

robin craig

I have designed, with friends, and produced with another local chap, a much needed product.

It is a spin on adapter for the Ferret oil filter canister assembly.

The adapter comes with securing hardware and our recommendation of what filter to use.

We have trialed and proven the set up. Painting the civvy filter the engine bay colour will make it blend in and be almost invisible.

I am taking EMT within Canada or by paypal to those outside Canada.

Price per unit is 125 Canadian dollars and postage is an extra and will be quoted.

The first production run is complete and there are a few left, the rest have sold by word of mouth already locally.

Email me through the forum please to make an order.

Regards

Robin Craig

Adapter maple leaf.jpg

Adapter cottage industry.jpg

Adapter display.jpg

Dear Terry,

Q. "Can I get one without the maple leaf on it?"

A. Sure can, but carries no warranty like the ones with the Maple Leaf, it is part of my branding of the product.

The Maple Leaf is carried with pride but it also carries certain other elements that ensure we can identify the item as being from my production and not a nasty inferior knock off, which will happen over time I am certain because that is human nature. No Maple Leaf means that likely it isn't the same material used, which will likely be the cause of a failure.

Q. "Seriously though, do they suit the Saracen as well? I assume that they would."

A. I believe it will, I have not seen the FV number for the Saracen, or Saladin or Stalwart or CVR(T) as yet but it looks very likely that unless there is a minor variant on the base design then yes it will. We know that the CVR(T) petrol powered version uses a similar unit for the engone oil and also the Belgian versions have a similar gearbox oil filter mount but I am scrambling to get eyes on the FV numbers and the units themselves to ensure that my fairly certain supposition is proven to be a dead cert before I advertise it as such.

However, it seems others, wiser than me, already believe this to be true judging by the emails landing in my inbox asking to order them.

I have orders from around the globe so far.

Regards

Robin Craig

Edited by robin craig

Just a quick note to say the first production run of these has sold out and I have already booked a slot in the production schedule at the machine shop for run number two to happen and am taking orders for those and expect metal chip to fly in the mill in the last week of this month, that is as soon as I can get them rolling.

As these are being sent out by insured and signature required delivery they take a bit of time.

Regards

Robin

Dear Andy,

there is a host of other applications, yes you are correct.

We are currently checking the filter size needs (ie height / space) and the efficiency of filtering ie microns.

Saladin, Saracen, CVR(T), Fv 430 series the list goes on